Trunk Registration Timeot

Hello

I have 64 ptsn trunks and one of which requires registration every 60 seconds but according to the log file it times out and reconnects some 60 seconds later. After reading and testing I found calls only get routed for every minute out of 2 or 3 (give or take).

The only relevant fields I found were in the following file but they don’t seem to have an affect on the trunks, but only with SIP extensions:

#sip_general_additional.conf
vmexten=*97
context=from-sip-external
callerid=Unknown
notifyringing=yes
notifyhold=yes
tos_sip=cs3
tos_audio=ef
tos_video=af41
alwaysauthreject=yes
limitonpeers=yes
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=gsm
allow=alaw
bindaddr=REMOVED
jbenable=no
rtptimeout=30
maxexpiry=60
allowguest=no
defaultexpiry=60
minexpiry=60
srvlookup=no
registerattempts=0
registertimeout=5
notifyhold=yes
g726nonstandard=no
t38pt_udptl=no
videosupport=no
maxcallbitrate=384
canreinvite=no
rtpholdtimeout=300
rtpkeepalive=0
checkmwi=10
notifyringing=yes
nat=no
externip=REMOVED
localnet=192.0.2.0/255.255.255.0

Does anyone know how to decrease the time between registration with trunks?

Thank you

Hello thanks for getting back to me. I already tried that. After contacting the company, they said they require registration every 15 minutes and registration in between will time out. I can’t change the registration to longer then 2 minutes otherwise majority of my trunks wouldn’t stay registered. Does anyone know if we are able to specify a registration timeout within the trunk?

Edit: I’ve found an option ‘regseconds’ according to http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+config+sip.conf. I’ll update to see I get on

escalate the issue with your carrier.

It’s one thing if they ignore abusive registrations, however every couple minutes, although fairly frequent, is not necessarily abusive.

To ignore your registrations is detrimental to your service with them. If you are required to restart your PBX for any number of reasons, their ignoring of your registrations will result in unacceptable down times.

As far as your need on other carriers to register so often, you may want to further investigate if that is really necessary though. If it’s for the purpose of keeping NAT holes open, you can almost always use qualify=yes or equivalent to keep the NAT holes open for you.

Change minexpiry to a lower value eg. minexpiry=20