Trunk doesn't work after restoring from backup

After restoring from Backup, my trunk isn’t working. My trunk is an analog line plugged into dahdi device. Calls to that number ring endlessly and outgoing calls give me a “all circuits are busy now” error. I’m at a loss as to where even to begin troubleshooting this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi!

Are you using the FreePBX distro and if so which version and what hardware are you using?

Since a recent update my FreePBX 10.13.66-6 DAHDI extensions no longer work after a reboot.

I have a Sangoma A200 and someone else with an OpenVox card has a similar problem, see DAHDI Errors - Permission denied

Good luck and have a nice day!

Nick

I have a Sangoma A200 card also, but I’m not sure the issue is the same. I am on FreePBX 6.12.65. Here’s a few things I’ve discovered since originally posting this:

Running dahdi_hardware does show my card.
Running dahdi_scan gives no results.
The Dahdi Config section on the web interface says “DAHDi Doesn’t appear to be running. Click the ‘Restart/Reload Dahdi Button’ Below”.
Restarting or Reloading doesn’t make that go away.
The page desn’t show any ports or give me the option to edit under the analog section (or anywhere, for that matter).
However, lsmod | grep dahdi does show a number of modules loaded.
Manually running “/etc/init.d/dahdi restart” doesn’t throw any errors. Everything shows “OK”.

I’m out of ideas.

Hi!

I will have to check once I get home but a lot of this sounds like my problem…

Can you check what version of the the dahdi tools you have and when they were last updated (yum history might help here…)?

My problems seems to have appeared after a package update…

Thank you and good luck and have a nice day!

Nick

I seem to be on version 2.10.0.1-1.shmz65.1.17. This is a new install that I imported the backup into, so it was last updated whenever I completed the installation. Some of the things you were discussing in the other thread are over my head. So, if this is the same issue, I may need a little more hand holding than what is on that thread.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have you had a chance to look at this again?

Hi!

I get the same results except for dahdi_scan which does produce output…

The updated packages I believe could be to blame are listed in the ticket I opened, see http://issues.freepbx.org/browse/FREEPBX-10859

The only fix that works for me right now is removing the dahdi-config module and setupping the card manually with setup-sangoma (as dicko had suggested in another thread since this always work for him), anything else including not putting the card in DAHDi mode did not work.

The ticket was assigned to someone today, hopefully a fix will be coming soon…

Good luck and have a nice day!

Nick

Thank you so much. Uninstalling the dahdi-config module and running setup-sangoma brought this week-long nightmare to an end for me. Although my faith in the stability of FreePBX is severely shaken, everything seems to be working now.

Hi!

No problem…

I am pretty sure it’s bad timing, if it had not been Thanksgiving in the US last week the problem would have most likely been fixed by now…

It must not be everyone with DAHDi which is affected by this because otherwise the FreePBX devs would have noticed the problem before releasing what is currently breaking our configs…

I know it affects Sangoma A200 users and OpenVox users but it must have been tested with DAHDi hardware…

I suggest you keep an eye on the ticket I mentioned… It was done against FreePBX 13 and the latest distro but I did mention that the same problem was apparently present in yours…

Have a nice day!

Nick

Hi Yugo!

There was recently a module update of dahdi-config which was supposed to fix this problem but did not for me.

Do you think that you could possibly check if it does for you please?

Thank you and have a nice day!

Nick

It does not fix my problem either. I’m on 10.13.66-6 on Asterisk 13 now. Every time I reboot I have to run setup-sangoma at least once, sometimes twice for it to start working again (oftentimes the first time errors out).

Hi Yugo!

Do you mean now with the new module or did you have the same problem even when you removed dahdi-config?

Removing dahdi-config gives me a rock solid configuration which survives all reboot with no need to rerun setup-sangoma…

Was it with dahdi-config 13.0.9 or one of the earlier version by the way (with 13.0.9 asterisk no longer starts for me)?

Thank you and have a nice day!

Nick

It seems to be working for me now. One of the problems was that, since I ran the setup-sangoma script as root, some of the files and directories were owned by root. Running “fwconsole chown” fixed it. It seems to be working now.