Trunk cme to freepbx two differentiated networks

good morning everyone and thanks for any help,

I am attaching the photo of the right diagram to better understand the problem.
I am unable to connect a cisco cisco with freepbx in two different networks.

if instead I insert the freepbx in the same network as the CME they work perfectly, the two different numbers are called!
maybe because putting the two services in different networks requires a different configuration on both freepbx and cme? can you please help me? I’m going crazy thanks a lot !!

The I in IP stands for internet, meaning it is about connecting multiple subnetworks together so they appear to be a single global network. You seem to be talking about multiple subnetworks that don’t form a valid internet.

NAT and the 192.168/16, 10/8 subnetworks were bolted on to cope with a lack of address space and, probably secondarily, security concerns.

Whilst some ITSPs create situations which require multiple disjoint private networks, or even public network addresses that can’t route to each other, I can see anything in your diagram that prevents the creation of a valid, but completely isolated internet, so I would suggest simply configuring Router1 and Router2 to correctly use RIP to ensure that all routes are advertised everywhere, or, as a fallback, configuring them with equivalent static routes.

hello thanks for the answer, the graph is purely illustrative the networks are not nat but they are settling networks and between the two routers I used the ospf protocol in fact the PCs that I connected to the two networks ping without problems.
in fact, if I connect a cme cisco in the freepbx network they work without problems, I can call the other numbers thanks to the dial peers.
but i can’t find a valid configuration to call and be called by freepbx

If you have proper routing protocol operation, on a closed network, Asterisk should work just as well as it works directly on the public internet.

(Some provisioning protocols might not work outside a single broadcast area, but SIP will work on any properly routed network, as long as all the other devices are well behaved. Well behaved means that they have a default routed defined to a fully functional router, and either implement, at least, RIP, or else honour ICMP redirects. (I guess things could break under some, paranoid, anti-ICMP policies.)

You are going to need to provide more detail on how calls fail.

I even noticed that if I configure the cme on both routers and do the various dial-peers, magically freepbx using the routes of the cme communicates with freepbx, but unfortunately I don’t want to use this method but I would like to speak directly router 1 and freepbx on another net. i’m looking for the configurations for the router and for freepbx but i can’t find anything

FreePBX is based on Linux and Linux provides first class support for network routing, up to and including border gateway protocol. You might need packages that aren’t in the SNG distribution, and you may need to configure the system outside of the GUI.

Linux definitely support ICMP redirect, and the minimal routing configuration is a default route, plus ICMP redirect. Unless you’ve blocked ICMP redirect, Linux is not going to be the limiting factor.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.