Trouble registering Aastra 6730i

Hello,

I’m new to the community and need a little assistance. Working at a new location with FreePBX and have new users starting that need phones. We have a dozen new Aastra 6730i’s which we are having a few issues with.

Environment is fairly straight forward. We are on Asterisk ver. 11.13.0 and have 2 locations connected by VPN tunnel. We have 40 sip peers and 8 active channels. Each location has it’s own subnet. Site (A) 192.168.0.x where the Asterisk server is and Site (B) 192.168.5.x

Site (A) - Have gotten 2 phones to work but not all. Have tried resetting phone to factory default and deleted and recreated the extensions many times with out much luck.

Site (B) - Have gotten no new phones to work. We have brought other various Aastra phones from other site and most work but not all. When we try configuring at this site sometimes they register and can receive calls but have never been able to make outgoing calls.

I’m not sure how to troubleshoot this or what other information would be helpful. I have limited experience working on the Asterisk server but have configured many sip phones and never had this much trouble.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

@Drone

There are so many things that could be going wrong.

The ‘tcpdump’ program should help you.
The ‘traceroute’ program might help, just to make sure you can reach the 192.168.5.x network from your remotes.
The /var/log/asterisk/full log should show you attempts to log in.
Make sure you have set up all of the local networks (all of your VPN networks are “local”) in the Integrated Firewall.
Make sure your network settings are correct and that you can route successfully within your VPN. For example, if your “home” router isn’t set up correctly, it could be sending your traffic out in the Ether.

Basically, you need to use the 7-layer ISO model. Start with the hardware, then the local networks, then the routed networks, then the applications. At some point, you should figure out what level your communication is failing.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.