Treat Sangoma Talk Endpoint like Follow Me

Is it possible to effectively treat a Sangoma Talk endpoint like follow me, so that only calls directed specifically to the extension will ring? I understand that the application is treated as another endpoint for the same extension, which is different than how follow me works. But I saw the following setting, and its description was vague enough that it seems like there might be a way to do it, at least technically.

Even if there isn’t a built-in setting for this, I’d potentially be interested in writing a custom context to achieve this, but I’d need some direction on how to get started with this.

On a totally side note, does anyone know how to “deactivate” a mobile device from sangoma connect? For example, if I wanted to switch my account to a new device do I just send the authentication and click the link on the new device, or do I need to deactivate the old device first? If the latter, how can that be accomplished?

Not sure, but since the option is in front of you there, why not do a quick test and report back? If it doesn’t work, you would need to route inbound calls to a custom context that dials that specific device before calling the talk device.

Not sure why I didn’t get alerted about your response. It seems like that setting is supposed to first call one of the other devices and then dial out from there (perhaps for location specific emergency calling, or something). After I set up Sangoma Talk (on mobile) and Sangoma Phone (on desktop) on the same extension, I was able to initiate a call on desktop and send it to mobile before dialing out. So, as I suspected, this setting doesn’t accomplish what I want but does indicate that it should be possible.

How can I differentiate between contacts in a custom context? How can I know which contact is the mobile app, which is the desktop app, and which is the physical desk phone?
In looking at the contacts, I do see 2 for my extension, but they appear to be largely the same, other than different rinstances, hashes, and technically IP addresses. I could potentially use IP addresses as all of my desk phones connect via the vpn, and in my case I would only be using the mobile app. But, is there a better way? Again, the setting I posted seems to indicate a way to specifically differentiate between them.

One odd thing, I noticed that a new pjsip peer showed up that seemed to be shadowing the extension I was using the sangoma application with (220). The contact is localhost, so I’m wondering if there’s some trickery going on to accomplish this contact dialing. It looks like this:
However, I’m not 100% sure if this showed up after making the change in the Sangoma talk settings. Perhaps it’s from something else, although what I do not know.

No, you’re right, that’s the softphone “phantom extension”.

You could certainly build a custom context to do what you are looking to do, but you might miss some of the built-in hooks that FreePBX relies on to do what it does in the background. That may or may not be a big impact to you now or later depending on what you are circumventing and what else you use the system for.

A GUI-based approach to achieving what you are looking to do is create your own shadow extension (extension 1111 gets shadow extension 9111) put the sangoma talk on the shadow extension and make 9111 on the FMFM list for 1111. While this creates an additional extension) you are not bypassing any of the FreePBX contexts.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.