Treat a phone # as an unknown #?

I sometimes get calls from 5738145000, which means something’s wrong with the PBX my freepbx box is behind, as this # doesn’t exist. Does anyone know of a way to treat a call from that # like one with no CID at all and process it through the privacy manager? I don’t want to blacklist it, I just want to make the caller put in their real number.

you would need to do something like add an inbound route that sent it off to a custom dialplan context where you ‘cleansed’ it and then send it back through the system once the CID has been removed, or something of that sort. I can’t think off hand of any simple ways to address that otherwise.

Philippe Lindheimer - FreePBX Project Lead
http//freepbx.org - IRC #freepbx

Anyone have any idea how to do this? I got a bunch of telemarketing calls from this “number” today, and I’d like to be able to blow them away without blacklisting the number.

if you just want to blow them away then do CID routing in the inbound routing section and send them to where ever you want them to go.

Philippe Lindheimer - FreePBX Project Lead
http//freepbx.org - IRC #freepbx

The problem is that I don’t want to blow everyone with that ID away, I want to make them put in their real number, just like privacy manager does on calls with no caller ID. I may end up directing it to an IVR or something to confuse telemarketing systems.

I do a lot of filtering based on caller ID.

I set up the inbound routes using Caller ID wildcards. For instance, I have _920. set to send all calls that begin with my area code.

If nothing matches, I have the any DID/ any CID set to send the caller a custom IVR where they are played the SIT tones, and able to leave a voicemail.

I would like to do a couple things (and I am new - so not sure where to look)…

One I would like to know if/how to set up a list of CID and route that to a specific IVR… is there anether way besied creating a bunch of iroutes??

And I would also like to explore an option for my customers to enter a ID (last 4 or something) and then direct them based on there input. But I dont want to have to set up a IVR option for each custom.

And help is appreciated.

Chris