Transfer to Voicemail using BLF key+ DTMF

You’re sure about?

I added it and tested. As soon as I hit the transfer to voicemail, it says recall on my phone and is calling me back. The caller is put on hold.

Well now this will have to be done a different way then because either it can’t be done on the line key or you have to update the config to have EDK settings to be called on by the line key.

So now part of the issue is going to be accommodating the limitations of the phone. You may have to swap a soft key into a line key position if it supports that function so you can use the softkey to trigger the macro function.

I spent many hours trying to get this to work on Yealinks with no success… While I’m sure it is doable I settled for a three button solution. Program a key (Doesn’t matter if it’s horizontal key or normal softkey) as type prefix with a value of * and label it VM-Xfer or something similar. When a call comes in that you want to transfer to an extension’s Voicemail, press transfer, the VM-xfer button, and then the BLF. If you ever get this down to a two button feature (Xfer-VM+BLF) please keep me posted! :slight_smile:

The Transfer to VM Phone App will do this.

Will it actually allow you to press a BLF key or do you have to type in the extension every time?

How does that work? Just seems like it should be a built in feature. It’s also bundled for $500 with apps I do not need

so you didn’t use DTMF, just a prefix?

Correct. Here’s a screen shop of the EPM config.

Remember you still have to press the phone transfer button and then the VM-xfer key and then the BLF.

yep. Thank you

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.