FreePBX | Register | Issues | Wiki | Portal | Support

Transfer to External Number/Ext

(Mio) #1

Hello All!,

Is it possible to transfer a call to an external phone number and extension?

e.g. On our IVR, if someone selects option 5 I would like to transfer the call to 972-555-1111 ext #100

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

There are many ways to do this. Here is one possibility:

Set up a new outbound-only trunk, with settings the same as your normal trunk except Asterisk Trunk Dial Options is set to
D(wwww100)
Add an Outbound Route with e.g. prefix: 9999, match pattern (blank), prepend 19725551111 and specifying the new trunk.
You should now be able to dial 9999 from an extension and be connected to 972-555-1111 ext. 100.

Then, add a Misc Destination with Dial set to 9999 and route IVR option 5 to there.

(Mio) #3

Stewart1,

Thanks for your reply. I am running an older version of FreePBX (v2.10.1.19) and in trunks, I do not see the option “Asterisk Trunk Dial Options” for some reason.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks,

(Lorne Gaetz) #4

2.10 is end of life. As are the next two versions that superseded it. Strongly recommend you put a plan in place to migrate to a supported system:
https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/PPS/Elastix+and+PBXinaFlash+to+FreePBX+Distro+Conversion+Tool

(Mio) #5

Igaetz,

Thanks for the link, super helpful! I keep the PBX behind a strict firewall and always thought “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix/touch it” so thats why I never bothered to upgrade.

Do you know of any other way to apply Stewart1’s suggestion on v2.10.1.19?

Thanks,

What options do you have under General Settings on the Edit SIP Trunk page?

(Mio) #7

Hi Stewart1,

Thanks again for your reply. These are the options I have.

Will

work for you?

Or, I have an ancient FreePBX 2.11.0.43 with Core 2.11.0.0 that does offer Asterisk Trunk Dial Options.
Possibly you could try upgrading to that.