Transfer issues

I recently did a fresh installation of FreePBX 2.10.1.2 using the AsteriskNOW 2.0.2 installer. We are using Aastra 6730i phones.

The problem I have is that when somebody answers an incoming call and attempts to transfer it to another extension or to the parking lot, they get a “call failed” message. This functionality was working with an earlier version (1.7 or 1.8 I believe) as recently as 48 hours ago.

Is there something special in 2.10 or in the underlying Asterisk that I need to set for transfers to work?
Is there something special that needs to be tweaked on the phones for this to work?
I’ve looked through all of the FreePBX screens and the phones configurations, and there doesn’t seem to be anything that would need to be changed…

Thanks.

Honestly you would be better off dumping AsteriskNow and installing a a FreePBX Distro. AsteriskNow is a very poor install of the FreePBX GUI.

So it figures that after a few hours of scratching my head I correct the problem not 5 minutes after I post to the forum. That said, I am not entirely certain which if these fixed the problem.

I was fixing a sym issue, where I was getting the “retrieve_conf failed to sym link:
/etc/asterisk/logger.conf from core/etc (Already exists, not a link)” error, using the solution posted in the comments here on 19 April 2012 by corymar http://www.freepbx.org/forum/freepbx-distro/distro-discussion-help/symlink-from-modules-failed#comment-49162

So it was one of the following:

1. I changed the settings in “parking lot” to allow both caller and parked transfer capability and re-parking capability.
  2. I fixed the sym link so that logger.conf is linked from core/etc to etc/asterisk
  3. I reloaded amportal from the command line.

those parking lot settings defaulted to only allowing the caller to have those capabilities, so I’m thinking that it was most likely either changing that to both or the combination of doing that and restarting asterisk…

At any rate, something in the above changes solved this problem.

Thanks for the comment Alan_mousty.

I actually want to move from the current setup to a new box, where I had planned on doing a fresh installation, and I was thinking that I ought to do what you suggest. Yesterday though I arrived at the office with a dead phone system, and needed to get it back up and running as soon as possible…