## Transfer causes hangup

Came across this post while searching for a problem I’m facing; since it has been inactive for a while, I guess it’ll be OK to continue from here.

I have PiaF 1.4 box with 2 extensions from a Cisco ATA186, and 1 thru a SPA1001, all using Panasonic Cordless phones.

Have setup call transfer on #. It works perfectly b/w internal extensions… while on an internal call, I can press #, and hear “Transfer”, and the other internal extension starts hearing MoH, I can then dial another extension number (or conference number) and it works, the call gets transferred.

Now, when I receive an external call on a DID from VoipTalk setup on a SIP trunk, everything goes smoothly till the point of pressing #, I hear “Transfer”, the external caller starts getting MoH, I dial the new extension, and then, the external caller just gets hung up on.

Have Tt in the dial command under general settings.

What am I missing?.

Thanks.
Riz

RizSher,

It would really be better if you started a new thread instead of attaching to the end of a very old one. Many people will scan the previous posts and those are referring to old versions of code and can confuse things quickly.

I’d recommend restarting with a new post, and exact details of the versions of things you are running as many people don’t know what exact version of asterisk or FreePBX PiaF comes with and/or what you might have upgraded or not.

Another reason is that you are having issues with # and not ## which are really totally different topics.

It is an asterisk bug, after 1.4.22, as I know it has been solved!