Transfer call to mobile, reciver gets message but not wanting to press 1 to accept

Hi all,
Newbie here, limited knowledge but willing to learn with guidence, been sitting in the background trying to learn. Finally I’ve got to a point where I must ask a question.
I have Asterisk 13 & FreePBX.

I have a need for an incoming call to be transferred to my mobile.
I set up a ring group to ring my mobile and to play a message to the mobile depending on which line the call came in form, incoming goes through to my mobile, plays the message but I must press 1 to accept this call.
On many occasion I’m not in a position to answer the call and then open the dialer on the mobile and then press 1, I use a BT ear piece.
So my question is:
Is there a way to either add a command (dialplan or context) to play the message and then connect the call or add the DTMF “1” audio tone to the message so when played at the end of the message has the DTMF Asterisks accepts it as key pressed and then connects the call.

Many thanks.

So you want call confirmation but you want to automate said confirmation? What’s the point? You’re not actually confirming that you can take the call if you do it this way. So why even use call confirm at that point?

What happens when you actually can’t take the call and this automated process is in there?

Hi Tom, When I’m not available the call isn’t answered, it then auto goes to VM “destination no answer” unavailable.
I want to answer call, hear the message so I know where it come from and then the call is handed over without having to press “1” or any key.

Cheers

That’s not how it works. You would have to write your own for this.

Do you know of any other way to do this, I need this message to know where they have come from.
Follow me & misc destinations doesn’t do this message.
So my question is:
Is there a way to either add a command (dialplan or context) to play the message and then connect the call or add the DTMF “1” audio tone to the message so when played at the end of the message has the DTMF Asterisks accepts it as key pressed and then connects the call.

For clarity I want, not sure how to word this but here goes:

1. call comes in to PBX
  2. call is transferred to my mobile
  3. I answer call
  4. a message is played so I know what work hat to wear when I speak to caller
  5. when message has finished, the call is handed over to my mobile and I speak with caller.

OK so when I call your cell phone two things are going to happen. It’s either going to be answered or not answered. However, voicemail or you picking up the call is an answer so without Call Confirmation the caller would hear your voicemail and be able to leave a message in your voicemail because the call is answered.

With Call Confirmation the caller would hear ringing/hold music while the announcement is played back to the callee (you). If this is when voicemail answered then you’ll get a voicemail that has the announcement in it but the caller will not. Since 1 is not pressed they are sent back to your Alt Destinations.

So you really don’t want call confirmation you want the system to play you an announcement and then connect the call to you. But again, you’re not taking into account when your voicemail picks up the call because just like without Call Confirmation, just playing the announcement to you and connecting the call puts them in your cell phone voicemail when it picks up.

Is that what you really want?

The ring group I have does exactly what is needed apart from having to press “1”.
The caller hears ringing, mobile rings I answer I hear announcement, if I don’t press “1” after so many seconds the caller is sent to VM. If I press “1” I can speak with the caller.

For clarity I want, not sure how to word this but here goes:
1.call comes in to PBX
2.call is transferred to my mobile
3.I answer call
4.caller hears ringing or MoH, I hear a message so I know what work hat to wear when I speak to caller
5.when message has finished, the caller is handed over to my mobile and I speak with caller.

The only way I’ve been able to get anything close to my needs is a ring group.

If the system can do as per my requirements, please enlighten me.

OK, I’m going to try to explain this one more time because I get exactly what you are trying to do here. This would work with FollowMe or a RingGroup (they are the same thing basically).

If you do not have the confirmation portion (press 1 to accept) then if the caller reaches your cell phone, you do not pickup and the call goes to your cell phone voicemail that is what is going to answer. The caller will here your personal voicemail greeting and then leave a voicemail in your personal voicemail. They will not be snapped back to the PBX to go to the Ring Group no answer destination because the call was answered.

So again, if you do everything but the confirmation part or automatically have the system confirm for you regardless. What will happen is simple both you picking up the call and your voicemail picking up the call will be treated as an answer and the caller will be connected.

Once again, I’m going to ask. Is this what you want? The caller to hear your personal greeting and leave voicemail at your personal account when you don’t answer the call but your voicemail does?

Afterthought: The fun part of this is, once voicemail answers your announcement will play back so you will probably here the announcement in the first part of the voicemail message with the caller message after it. Which could also cut the caller off due to the message length limits.

After Afterthought: The caller might not even hear your personal greeting as while it’s playing back to the PBX the PBX is playing the announcement back. So the caller could just end up with silence because they didn’t hear the message or the beep due to them still being on hold while the announcement is played back.

I don’t think you understand what I’m after.

If I don’t answer, PBX sends caller to PBX VM

Will the follow me or ring group without call confirmation, play me a message like it does now with call confirmation active?
Without getting the announcement the idea is no good. I need the announcement ie “you have a call for service” or “you have a call for Tech” or “you have a call for Design” these are already recorded and in system recordings waiting to be assigned
Before I speak with caller, I need to know what work hat I must wear.
My mobile doesn’t go to VM. The PBX will go to VM if unanswered.
Do you now understand my needs now.

You want to switch to queue(s) and play the “agent announcement” message.

Thanks Dave, I will give this a go.
Any tips/examples on how to go about this, my mind is a little blown with the hands-on approach, I’ve not even looked at Queues, spent the last 4 days looking up: follow me (didn’t meet needs), misc destinations (again didn’t meet needs) and ring groups (closer to my needs.)
tia
Cheers

@cynjut Bugger me with a fish fork, first tests worked perfectly. Now just need to clean up my practice pieces and recordings, then sit down a read indepth on queues etc.
A big thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
SOLVED.

Cheers

Glad to hear that you got it working.

However, note that without Call Confirmation, if your mobile is out of range or its battery has run down, the caller will be connected to your mobile carrier’s voicemail. This could also happen if you don’t answer the call, unless the PBX ring timeout is shorter than your mobile carrier’s. You may be able to increase the carrier timeout with a dial sequence or a call to their customer service.

Depending on the device and carrier, rejecting a call could also divert it immediately to carrier voicemail.

If these are issues for you, there may be ways to mitigate them. What country are you in? Who is your mobile carrier?

1 Like

@Stewart1 I’m in the UK, carrier is O2. Most of my on-site work has carrier mast on their roof or within a couple of hundred yards. At my office there’s a fenced off compound with an O2 mast. Loosing 1 out of 10 calls to mobile VM isn’t a big problem really. I’d rather have 90% of the system working as I need it, I can accept every now and then signal loss happens.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.