Transaction error with latest DAHDI update

Just checked for System Updates, and the following 3 upgrades were found:

RPM Name	              New Version	    Installed Version
kmod-dahdi-linux.x86_64	  2.11.1-12.sng7	2.11.1.11.sng7
kmod-wanpipe.x86_64	      7.0.21-1.sng7	    7.0.20.13.1.sng7
wanpipe.x86_64	          7.0.21-1.sng7	    7.0.20.13.1.sng7

but I get another transaction error when I try to install:

Transaction check error:
  file /lib/modules/3.10.0-693.2.2.el7.x86_64/extra/dahdi/xpp/xpd_bri.ko from install of kmod-dahdi-linux-2.11.1-12.sng7.x86_64 conflicts with file from package kmod-dahdi-linux-2.11.1-11.sng7.x86_64
  file /lib/modules/3.10.0-693.2.2.el7.x86_64/extra/dahdi/xpp/xpd_echo.ko from install of kmod-dahdi-linux-2.11.1-12.sng7.x86_64 conflicts with file from package kmod-dahdi-linux-2.11.1-11.sng7.x86_64
  file /lib/modules/3.10.0-693.2.2.el7.x86_64/extra/dahdi/xpp/xpd_fxo.ko from install of kmod-dahdi-linux-2.11.1-12.sng7.x86_64 conflicts with file from package kmod-dahdi-linux-2.11.1-11.sng7.x86_64
  file /lib/modules/3.10.0-693.2.2.el7.x86_64/extra/dahdi/xpp/xpd_fxs.ko from install of kmod-dahdi-linux-2.11.1-12.sng7.x86_64 conflicts with file from package kmod-dahdi-linux-2.11.1-11.sng7.x86_64
  file /lib/modules/3.10.0-693.2.2.el7.x86_64/extra/dahdi/xpp/xpd_pri.ko from install of kmod-dahdi-linux-2.11.1-12.sng7.x86_64 conflicts with file from package kmod-dahdi-linux-2.11.1-11.sng7.x86_64
  file /lib/modules/3.10.0-693.2.2.el7.x86_64/extra/dahdi/xpp/xpp.ko from install of kmod-dahdi-linux-2.11.1-12.sng7.x86_64 conflicts with file from package kmod-dahdi-linux-2.11.1-11.sng7.x86_64
  file /lib/modules/3.10.0-693.2.2.el7.x86_64/extra/dahdi/xpp/xpp_usb.ko from install of kmod-dahdi-linux-2.11.1-12.sng7.x86_64 conflicts with file from package kmod-dahdi-linux-2.11.1-11.sng7.x86_64

When I do a yum list kmod-dahdi, I see the following:

[root@freepbx ~]# yum list kmod-dahdi*
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, kmod, versionlock
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
Installed Packages
kmod-dahdi-linux.x86_64                                                                              2.11.1-11.sng7                                                                               @sng-pkgs
Available Packages
kmod-dahdi-linux.x86_64                                                                              2.11.1-12.sng7                                                                               sng-pkgs
[root@freepbx ~]#

Any idea why I’m getting this error, and am I safe to just delete the old package, and install the new?

Hi chaser!

You either have the sangoma devel repo installed or this got published to the regular repos…

It’s the fix so that wanrouter doesn’t get automagically set to chkconfig on with a Sangoma card.

(It does need to be chkconfig off if you have a Sangoma card (since you don’t have one you don’t need to do this) after this is installed…)

Can you try this?

yum shell
erase kmod-dahdi-linux
install kmod-dahdi-linux
ts solve
ts run

Answer “Y” and at the end do a Ctrl-D…

and then do a regular yum update.

Good luck and have a nice day!

Nick

Hi Nick,

That just throws up the same error.

[root@freepbx ~]# yum shell
> erase kmod-dahdi-linux
> install kmod-dahdi-linux
sng-base                                                                                                                                                                            | 3.6 kB  00:00:00
sng-epel                                                                                                                                                                            | 4.3 kB  00:00:00
sng-extras                                                                                                                                                                          | 3.4 kB  00:00:00
sng-pkgs                                                                                                                                                                            | 3.4 kB  00:00:00
sng-updates                                                                                                                                                                         | 3.4 kB  00:00:00
> ts solve
--> Running transaction check
---> Package kmod-dahdi-linux.x86_64 0:2.11.1-11.sng7 will be updated
---> Package kmod-dahdi-linux.x86_64 0:2.11.1-12.sng7 will be an update
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Success resolving dependencies
> ts run

===========================================================================================================================================================================================================
 Package                                               Arch                                        Version                                             Repository                                     Size
===========================================================================================================================================================================================================
Installing:
 kmod-dahdi-linux                                      x86_64                                      2.11.1-12.sng7                                      sng-pkgs                                      4.6 M

Transaction Summary
Install  1 Package

Total size: 4.6 M
Is this ok [y/d/N]: y
Downloading packages:
Running transaction check
Running transaction test
Error: Transaction check error:
  file /lib/modules/3.10.0-693.2.2.el7.x86_64/extra/dahdi/xpp/xpd_bri.ko from install of kmod-dahdi-linux-2.11.1-12.sng7.x86_64 conflicts with file from package kmod-dahdi-linux-2.11.1-11.sng7.x86_64
  file /lib/modules/3.10.0-693.2.2.el7.x86_64/extra/dahdi/xpp/xpd_echo.ko from install of kmod-dahdi-linux-2.11.1-12.sng7.x86_64 conflicts with file from package kmod-dahdi-linux-2.11.1-11.sng7.x86_64
  file /lib/modules/3.10.0-693.2.2.el7.x86_64/extra/dahdi/xpp/xpd_fxo.ko from install of kmod-dahdi-linux-2.11.1-12.sng7.x86_64 conflicts with file from package kmod-dahdi-linux-2.11.1-11.sng7.x86_64
  file /lib/modules/3.10.0-693.2.2.el7.x86_64/extra/dahdi/xpp/xpd_fxs.ko from install of kmod-dahdi-linux-2.11.1-12.sng7.x86_64 conflicts with file from package kmod-dahdi-linux-2.11.1-11.sng7.x86_64
  file /lib/modules/3.10.0-693.2.2.el7.x86_64/extra/dahdi/xpp/xpd_pri.ko from install of kmod-dahdi-linux-2.11.1-12.sng7.x86_64 conflicts with file from package kmod-dahdi-linux-2.11.1-11.sng7.x86_64
  file /lib/modules/3.10.0-693.2.2.el7.x86_64/extra/dahdi/xpp/xpp.ko from install of kmod-dahdi-linux-2.11.1-12.sng7.x86_64 conflicts with file from package kmod-dahdi-linux-2.11.1-11.sng7.x86_64
  file /lib/modules/3.10.0-693.2.2.el7.x86_64/extra/dahdi/xpp/xpp_usb.ko from install of kmod-dahdi-linux-2.11.1-12.sng7.x86_64 conflicts with file from package kmod-dahdi-linux-2.11.1-11.sng7.x86_64

Error Summary
-------------

> Leaving Shell
[root@freepbx ~]#

I guess I just need to do a yum remove first, then a yum install?

Does the yum list above not indicate that the file came from the sng-pkgs repo? I dont think I’ve got (or ever had) the devel repo installed:

[root@freepbx ~]# ls -l /etc/yum.repos.d/
total 28
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1359 Oct  4 22:03 CentOS-Sources.repo
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1478 Oct  4 22:03 Sangoma-Base.repo
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  316 Oct  4 22:03 Sangoma-Commercial.repo
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1323 Oct  4 22:03 Sangoma-CR.repo
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  290 Oct  4 22:03 Sangoma-fasttrack.repo
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  588 Oct  4 22:03 Sangoma-Media.repo
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  486 Oct  4 22:03 Sangoma-Sources.repo
[root@freepbx ~]#

Yum remove the packages then install them.

Just tried that, but it wants me to remove a lot of dependencies (in particular, freepbx) which doesn’t look right:

[root@freepbx ~]# yum remove kmod-dahdi-linux
Resolving Dependencies
---> Package kmod-dahdi-linux.x86_64 0:2.11.1-11.sng7 will be erased
--> Processing Dependency: kmod-dahdi-linux for package: dahdi-linux-2.11.1-1.26.sng.x86_64
--> Processing Dependency: kmod-dahdi-linux for package: freepbx-14.1-1.sng7.noarch
---> Package dahdi-linux.x86_64 0:2.11.1-1.26.sng will be erased
--> Processing Dependency: dahdi-linux for package: dahdi-tools-2.11.1-1.23.sng.x86_64
--> Processing Dependency: dahdi-linux for package: libopenr2-1.3.4-1.6.sng.x86_64
---> Package freepbx.noarch 0:14.1-1.sng7 will be erased
--> Processing Dependency: freepbx for package: sangoma-pbx-1708-1.sng7.noarch
---> Package dahdi-tools.x86_64 0:2.11.1-1.23.sng will be erased
---> Package libopenr2.x86_64 0:1.3.4-1.6.sng will be erased
---> Package sangoma-pbx.noarch 0:1708-1.sng7 will be erased

Dependencies Resolved

Package                                              Arch                                       Version                                               Repository                                     Size
Removing:
 kmod-dahdi-linux                                     x86_64                                     2.11.1-11.sng7                                        @sng-pkgs                                      29 M
Removing for dependencies:
 dahdi-linux                                          x86_64                                     2.11.1-1.26.sng                                       @sng-pkgs                                     2.6 M
 dahdi-tools                                          x86_64                                     2.11.1-1.23.sng                                       @sng-pkgs                                     904 k
 freepbx                                              noarch                                     14.1-1.sng7                                           @sng-pkgs                                     163 M
 libopenr2                                            x86_64                                     1.3.4-1.6.sng                                         installed                                     170 k
 sangoma-pbx                                          noarch                                     1708-1.sng7                                           @sng-pkgs                                     8.0 k

Transaction Summary
Remove  1 Package (+5 Dependent packages)

Installed size: 196 M
Is this ok [y/N]: n
Exiting on user command
Your transaction was saved, rerun it with:
 yum load-transaction /tmp/yum_save_tx.2017-10-12.07-20.NLLJUw.yumtx
[root@freepbx ~]#

Hi chaser!

I was counting on this working… :worried:

This is what @GameGamer43 had me issue to replace that package when I initially converted my system to FreePBX 14/Sangoma 7… I believed it had to be done that way because of the dependencies problem…

When I updated that package a few days ago I didn’t have the problem you now have, there were no such dependency problems…

The only difference is where I installed it from, in my case it was the sangoma devel repo (because I was offered to test it from there) but I doubt the repo it comes from makes any difference (or does it?).

If this was my system I would be tempted to try to remove the package without its dependencies. I think that there is a --no-deps switch but I don’t remember if yum offers it or only rpm…

If that worked I would then reinstall the package…

As always, don’t try this on a production system and only attempt this if you have backups and the time to restore if it causes any problems…

Nick

I can’t see any yum option to ignore depends, but as you say, there is an rpm option for this. Although it’s not a mission critical system (I use it at home), I’m a bit nervous about forcing the remove.

I decided to try a reinstall first to try and better understand what’s going wrong. The reinstall worked fine, downloading and installing the package from the sng-pkgs repo:

[root@freepbx ~]# yum reinstall kmod-dahdi-linux
Resolving Dependencies
---> Package kmod-dahdi-linux.x86_64 0:2.11.1-11.sng7 will be reinstalled

Dependencies Resolved

=============================================================================================================================================================================================================================================
 Package                                                       Arch                                                Version                                                       Repository                                             Size
=============================================================================================================================================================================================================================================
Reinstalling:
 kmod-dahdi-linux                                              x86_64                                              2.11.1-11.sng7                                                sng-pkgs                                              4.6 M

Transaction Summary
Reinstall  1 Package

Total download size: 4.6 M
Installed size: 29 M
Downloading packages:
Delta RPMs disabled because /usr/bin/applydeltarpm not installed.
kmod-dahdi-linux-2.11.1-11.sng7.x86_64.rpm                                                                                                                                                                            | 4.6 MB  00:00:02
Running transaction test
Transaction test succeeded
Running transaction
  Installing : kmod-dahdi-linux-2.11.1-11.sng7.x86_64                                                                                                                                                                                    1/1
  Verifying  : kmod-dahdi-linux-2.11.1-11.sng7.x86_64                                                                                                                                                                                    1/1

Installed:
  kmod-dahdi-linux.x86_64 0:2.11.1-11.sng7

Complete!
[root@freepbx ~]#

Unfortunately, a subsequent yum upgrade kmod-dahdi-linux still gave the same transaction error as before.

Any idea why a reinstall of the package would work, yet an upgrade would fail? Both package versions are on the same sng-pkgs repo.

Anyone else got any other ideas before I go breaking my system further with a forced remove!?!

Hi chaser!

I wish I could help but I am myself puzzled by the fact that yum sees the new package as an update

but complains of a conflict

between the update and the package which is getting updated…

So while It looks like it does consider this to be and update of the same package there seems to be a step missing somewhere, maybe some sort of cleanup that is not getting done…

I unfortunately never packaged anything under Linux, only Winblows :wink:, so I am not quite sure what is happening there…

(NSIS and InstallShield installers…)

I wish I knew what is so special about your system…

Mine was most likely one of the ones which had the most things that needed fixing after the distro upgrade and things went smoothly for me when I updated this package and no one else (yet!) has reported the same problem…

(Maybe it’s too early…)

Nick

Progress! yum downgrade:

[root@freepbx ~]# yum downgrade kmod-dahdi-linux
Resolving Dependencies
---> Package kmod-dahdi-linux.x86_64 0:2.11.1-9.sng7 will be a downgrade
---> Package kmod-dahdi-linux.x86_64 0:2.11.1-11.sng7 will be erased

Dependencies Resolved

===================================================================================================================================================================================================================
 Package                                                 Arch                                          Version                                               Repository                                       Size
===================================================================================================================================================================================================================
Downgrading:
 kmod-dahdi-linux                                        x86_64                                        2.11.1-9.sng7                                         sng-pkgs                                        4.5 M

Transaction Summary
Downgrade  1 Package

Total download size: 4.5 M
Downloading packages:
Delta RPMs disabled because /usr/bin/applydeltarpm not installed.
kmod-dahdi-linux-2.11.1-9.sng7.x86_64.rpm                                                                                                                                                   | 4.5 MB  00:00:02
Running transaction test
Running transaction
  Installing : kmod-dahdi-linux-2.11.1-9.sng7.x86_64                                                                                                                                                           1/2
  Cleanup    : kmod-dahdi-linux-2.11.1-11.sng7.x86_64                                                                                                                                                          2/2
  Verifying  : kmod-dahdi-linux-2.11.1-9.sng7.x86_64                                                                                                                                                           1/2
  Verifying  : kmod-dahdi-linux-2.11.1-11.sng7.x86_64                                                                                                                                                          2/2

Removed:
  kmod-dahdi-linux.x86_64 0:2.11.1-11.sng7

Installed:
  kmod-dahdi-linux.x86_64 0:2.11.1-9.sng7

Complete!
[root@freepbx ~]#

followed by yum upgrade:

[root@freepbx ~]# yum upgrade kmod-dahdi-linux
Resolving Dependencies
---> Package kmod-dahdi-linux.x86_64 0:2.11.1-9.sng7 will be updated
---> Package kmod-dahdi-linux.x86_64 0:2.11.1-12.sng7 will be an update

Dependencies Resolved

Package                                                 Arch                                          Version                                               Repository                                       Size
Installing:
 kmod-dahdi-linux                                        x86_64                                        2.11.1-12.sng7                                        sng-pkgs                                        4.6 M

Transaction Summary
Install  1 Package

Total size: 4.6 M
Downloading packages:
Running transaction test
Running transaction
  Installing : kmod-dahdi-linux-2.11.1-12.sng7.x86_64                                                                                                                                                          1/1
/lib/modules/3.10.0-693.2.2.el7.x86_64/extra /
/
  Verifying  : kmod-dahdi-linux-2.11.1-12.sng7.x86_64                                                                                                                                                          1/2
kmod-dahdi-linux-2.11.1-9.sng7.x86_64 was supposed to be removed but is not!
  Verifying  : kmod-dahdi-linux-2.11.1-9.sng7.x86_64                                                                                                                                                           2/2

Installed:
  kmod-dahdi-linux.x86_64 0:2.11.1-12.sng7

Failed:
  kmod-dahdi-linux.x86_64 0:2.11.1-9.sng7

Complete!
[root@freepbx ~]#

However now got a problem that kmod-dahdi-linux.x86_64 0:2.11.1-9.sng7 didn’t uninstall! Further investigation required!

Ok, I think I’m sorted now!

The upgrade (following the downgrade) didn’t actually remove the old version. When I checked with yum list *dahdi* I noticed that I now had 2 copies of kmod-dahdi-linux installed, one at the downgraded v2.11.1-9.sng7 and the other at upgraded 2.11.1-12.sng7. Aaarrgh!

However, when I did the yum list *dahdi* I noticed that I had dahdi-linux-devel.x86_64 installed as well! This is probably what’s been causing my issue all along.

So, I yum erased dahdi-linux-devel.x86_64, and then discovered I couldn’t yum erase the old duplicate version of kmod-dahdi-linux. For that, I had to run rpm -e --justdb kmod-dahdi-linux-2.11.1-9.sng7.

With a precautionary yum reinstall kmod-dahdi-linux, and one reboot later, all is now good :slight_smile:

I have it (dahdi-linux-devel-2.11.1-1.26.sng.x86_64) and it is not causing me any problems…

I could be wrong but to me it sounds like your real problem was that your RPM database was corrupted…

It can be rebuilded by issuing

rpm --rebuilddb

Have a nice day!

Nick

Anyway, what’s important is that your problems are fixed now…

Have a nice day!

Nick