Tracking DID call volume

We are biased here, I think that the FreePBX team has put together the best distro!

It’s just not the complete package like Elastix/Trixbox or PIAF. I love FreePBX working on it’s own, but also need the other goodies the distros offer.

What do you mean the complete package? What does PIAF have the FreePBX distro does not?

I understand that Elastix packages a few things however I think that the iSymphony add on is much more powerful that the Elastix call center manager.

It’s all “Horses for courses”, just don’t put your money on Elastix/Trixbox, if you have, please notice that Trixbox died and Elastix are abandoning FreePBX.

IMHO PIAF have a better and cheaper Fax solution based on Avantfax ( I wish they would add t38modems to the extant iaxmodems, but that is harder) and I believe a more open and configurable and documented security setup, not to mention many cool but perhaps occasionally nerdish tricks.

Both are based on Asterisk/FreePBX over Centos which is not my favorite Linux Distro as it will always by it’s nature be lagging behind Redhat for hardware support and raw kernel improvements, of which RedHat are notoriously conservative about, YMMV

How about using freePBX with QXact? Yes it’s a paid for module on top of FreePBX but it provides lots of reporting and if you need detailed reports on inbound queues (are you using queues?) the it’s very good at that.

Thanks for the suggestion!
Thing is, it always confused me about this whole Qxact, etc. But more importantly, I want security (out of the box style piaf) and proper reporting - maybe even deep reporting, like how many calls went out of a DID and came into one, how many calls based on queues, extensions, devices, etc.