Torture Menu

I am looking at the call screening options and I would like to know if there is a way to modify the torture menu. I found a non supported module from 2008. We are running the latest version of FreePBX 2.210.62-6. I didn’t want to use a module from 2008. Is there any updated module?

If you are talking about the Telemarketers Torture module created by James Finstrom, then I can confirm that it still works for FreePBX 2.11. I installed it a few months ago as a test.

Ohh Please, do tell me what this module is called and it’s function… I love to F**k with Telemarketers…

We’ve tried the Telemarketers Torture module.
Despite being thoroughly Americentric, it works.

Kudos to James, either through skill or pure dumb luck, this may well be the oldest FreePBX module that still installs and works unmodified from its original state.

For those who are interested, there is a method detailed on the PIAF forum here that turns your standard blacklist into a redirect to Lenny at http://www.itslenny.com/

Lenny is an important part of our service team.

We added him to our FreePBX in extensions_custom.conf as follows :

[from-internal-custom]

; Its Lenny
exten => 177,1,Set(CALLFILENAME=${STRFTIME(${EPOCH},%Y%m%d-%H%M%S)}_${CALLERID(num)})
exten => 177,n,Monitor(wav,${CALLFILENAME},m) ;records the call to /var/spool/asterisk/monitor
exten => 177,n,Dial(SIP/[email protected]:5060)
exten => 177,n,HangUp()

From time to time we have a laugh at the recordings.

Does anyone have a creative way to kick callers to Lenny other than manually transferring a caller to an extension? I noticed the Screening function provides an option for sending callers to the Torture Menu but, at least on my end, this causes the caller to be placed on hold forever.

The URI, [email protected] is offline. In order to use lenny, you now have to host it yourself on your PBX. The method to do this is at nerdvittles.com.