Too Many Connections Error

I just started getting this error in while using the web gui. This issue didn’t exist last week and I’ve made no updates to the system.

SQLSTATE[HY000] [1040] Too many connections::SQLSTATE[HY000] [1040] Too many connections
File:/var/www/html/admin/libraries/utility.functions.php:204

FW Console - FreePBX Utility 14.0.1.36 (installed on a Sangoma appliance)

After a reboot, the system seems fine but after about 5 or 6 hours, the error shows up again.

How do I resolve this issue?

Thanks.

This is the included MySQL DB maxing out on the allowed concurrent connections. Normally you wouldn’t come close to hitting the maximum. I would assume there is some external factor here, like custom code, or a shared resource. If the hardware you have is supported, you could open a ticket.

I would recommend researching the below, then look into what is using your concurrent connections. You can then work to resolve errors, or if you find that the system is working as designed and you have the headroom, you can increase your maximum connections parameter.

https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/too-many-connections.html

"There are a bunch of different reasons for the “Too Many Connections” error.

Check out this FAQ page on MySQL.com: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/too-many-connections.html

Check your my.cnf file for “max_connections”. If none exist try:
[mysqld]
set-variable=max_connections=250

However the default is 151, so you should be okay.

If you are on a shared host, it might be that other users are taking up too many connections.

Other problems to look out for is the use of persistent connections and running out of diskspace."

1 Like

This issue is resolved.

Tracked down the database connections to a Google Cal link that was failing to connect to Google servers. I removed the remote calendar url and the mysql connections settled down to normal operating connections.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.