TLS + SRTP Help

Hi all,

It’s my first time setting up TLS and I’m running into an issue that I can’t quite figure out. I followed the FreePBX Wiki Guide for TLS + SRTP and have double checked that both the PJSIP settings and extension settings match what is listed in the guide. I have purchased a wildcard domain certificate, installed it on my FreePBX machine, and set it as default. In the PJSip settings, I’ve specifically chosen that certificate to be used as well. I am running FreePBX 15.0.17.12 and Asterisk 16.15.1. PJSip UDP runs on port 5060 and TLS runs on 5061.

I am trying to place a call using a Zoiper softphone and the call immediately hangs up. In PJSip Logger, I am seeing a 401 Unauthorized even though the endpoint is registered.

Here are 2 pastebins that show the details:

1. PJSip Logger
  2. PJSip Show Endpoint 151

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Michael

The endpoint in Asterisk is set to require encrypted media. The client is not offering encrypted media, so the call fails.

Ahh! That was it! How would I have seen that from the logs? Just curious so I can learn how diagnose in the future…

Line 236:
SIP/2.0 488 Not Acceptable Here
indicates that none of the media options offered by the SDP (lines 207-221) are acceptable to the receiver. Usually, it means no codec in common, but in this case no encryption offered by sender but required by receiver.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.