Timeconditions not being written to extensions_additional.conf

Hey there everyone.

So, I have a strange situation. I’m running FreePBX 2.4.0.1 with the time conditions module installed and up-to-date. When I create rules, they are not being written to extensions_additional.conf. I’ve check on another system that is running properly, and I see that FreePBX adds a context called timeconditions with the specifics of the rules in it.

Any ideas where I can check to find what the problem might be?

Thanks,
Andy

are you running in database mode? If so, do you have a department name assigned to the user who created the timeconditions? If so, that may be the error as there is a bug (that should get logged in the tracker) that makes time conditions generated by a user who has a department name not get written out. (And the whole department name aspect of the code is a bit sketchy and has various issues).

Philippe,

First let me thank you for responding personally. I absolutely love freePBX and the work you’ve put into it.

I am running in database mode. I checked in Administrators and the user i was logged in as has the department of ‘all’. I changed it to blank, saved the user, applied changes, and tried again with timeconditions with no luck.

Should I disable database mode? I don’t really need it in this case but I can’t remember everything I changed to set it up…

Thank you,
Andy

Andy,
sounds like this is the same issue and changing the Department name once the timecondition is created may not change it. (You may have to modify the timecondition and even then). However, I just created and published a fix that solves that issue if it is it. You should be able to go to online updates and check. I put the fix into 2.4 and 2.3.

Philippe,

Quick question - if I turn off database authentication to create the time conditions, and then turn it back on, will they stay in place? or will they get nuked?

Thanks,
Andy

the updated timecondition module with the above mentioned bug fix should make it irrelevant and your time condition should now get generated if this is the same problem.