Time not showing correctly on Polycoms

FreePBX 2.11.0.11
Asterisk (Ver. 11.4.0)

(please note I’m not a Asterisk expert, so go easy on me)
After the DST changes, Our Polycom 501 and 331s are not showing the correct time. We are in MST or -7. We have the time set correctly on FreePBx time groups, DHCP is correct, but the phones are 1 hour fast.

When I boot the phones, the phone is getting opt66 pointing it to the phone server. I don’t have any hard coded settings on the phone ( I factory reset one to be sure) but they appear to be getting offset -6 instead of -7. On a 501, I hit Menu> Status> Network> TCP/IP parameters> And under GMT Offset it has -6. But when I go into Menu> settings> Advanced> Admin Settings> Network Config SNTP and GMT offset is blank, since I want it to pick the setting from DHCP.

The server_318 shows the following:

Do I need to put the offset in tcpIpApp.sntp.gmtOffset="{$timezone_gmtoffset}"?

Please let me know if more info is needed.

Thank you

My settings didn’t post:

tcpIpApp.sntp.resyncPeriod="{$sntp_resyncPeriod|86400}“
tcpIpApp.sntp.address=”{$network_time_server}“
tcpIpApp.sntp.address.overrideDHCP=”{$sntp_overrideDHCP|1}“
tcpIpApp.sntp.gmtOffset=”{$timezone_gmtoffset}“
tcpIpApp.sntp.gmtOffset.overrideDHCP=”{$sntp_overrideDHCP|1}“
tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.enable=”{$daylightSavings_enable|0}“
tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.fixedDayEnable=”{$daylightSavings_fixedDayEnable|0}“
tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.start.month=”{$daylightSavings_month|3}“
tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.start.date=”{$daylightSavings_date|8}“
tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.start.time=”{$daylightSavings_time|2}“
tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.start.dayOfWeek=”{$daylightSavings_dayOfWeek|1}“
tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.start.dayOfWeek.lastInMonth=”{$daylightSavings_lastInMonth|0}“
tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.stop.month=”{$daylightSavings_month|11}“
tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.stop.date=”{$daylightSavings_date|1}“
tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.stop.time=”{$daylightSavings_time|2}“
tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.stop.dayOfWeek=”{$daylightSavings_dayOfWeek|1}“
tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.stop.dayOfWeek.lastInMonth=”{$daylightSavings_lastInMonth|0}"/>

Those settings are from the template. Find the same settings in an actual phone config and post them so we can see what is wrong.

check /etc/ntp.conf to see if you have time servers listed.

driftfile /var/lib/ntp/drift
server 0.pool.ntp.org
server 1.pool.ntp.org
server 2.pool.ntp.org
server 127.127.1.0
fudge 127.127.1.0 stratum 10

I looked in 0004f2103746_reg.cfg, server_318.cfg, phone1_318.cfg, sip_318.cfg which were the files my phone cfg referenced and I could not find an sntp entry.

Am I looking in the right spot?

Look at /tftpboot/sip.cfg

CHECK:

tcpIpApp.sntp.gmtOffset="-25200"

AND:

tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.enable=“1”

Looks like the settings are:
tcpIpApp.sntp.gmtOffset="-21600"
and
tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.enable=“0”

The offset settings are not correct. Do I just modify them and reboot the phones?

Antoher question, DHCP server is showing the correct time. Should I just set tcpIpApp.sntp.address.overrideDHCP and tcpIpApp.sntp.gmtOffset.overrideDHCP to 0 and let DHCP handle the time? Currently both values are 1.

We switched those values to “0” and rebooted the phones they are now showing the correct time.

Issue resolved.

every day at 09 o clock my polycom phone reset the time to another non correct time. this is happening since i change my firewall. i open all the ports for the specific telephone server ip so the ntp serves can have access. but still i have issue with the time… i made all the changes it being this for 5 months now… any ideas?