Time Groups/Time Conditions - Bug with date evaluation

I’ve got my PBX Setup with a number of time conditions, for when we are closed or on ‘company holiday’. Up until now, these have been working fine.

On Thursday, 29th, I received a note saying all calls were going to voicemail, when they should have been going to the main phone.

From the investigation, it seemed that one of my time conditions was matching, even though the dates didn’t match up.

Here is the time group that was being matched :-

and here is the Asterisk log out put (captured at log verbosity 3). I’ve obfuscated our local numbers.


As you can see the from the time group, I was hoping to match from the 29th May to 1st June, which at the time, seemed to work fine… but then on Friday 29th June, it starts to match again.

Either this is a bug in how time groups are evaluated, or i’m not aware of their use.

This rule will match the 29, 30, 31 and 1 of both May and June. For your situation you want separate time blocks for your May dates and June date.


Thanks for the response. I figured that is what is happening… but i’m not sure that it should work that way…

I’ll change it on my setup, but how would I go about reporting this issue/bug?


There is a link to Issues at the top of this page. IMO this is not a bug, unless you want to suggest an improvement for the tool tip (or wiki) that would prevent such a misunderstanding again.

I’m sorry, but it cannot be intended that dates outside a valid range are considered within the range.

That is the definition of a bug.

This is 100% correct. If this is the behavior you are seeing then it is working properly. It is 100% pass/fail

The code says: goto FOO if X matches. else goto BAR if it does not.

in 14 this can be calendar controlled to exact dates and exact times. This is something that is not possible with the gotoif that has historically been used.

For reference: https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Application_GotoIfTime