This might be the solution to the huge CPU-spikes. Please read this

Seems good. On which system are you running? Just centos7 with the default configurations and packages? And do you feel comfortable with sharing the crontabs in (just a ss):

/var/spool/cron/crontabs/asterisk

It’s a brand new stock install I fired up to test another issue Ive been having.

SNG7.6 GA (SNG7-FPBX-64bit-1904-2.iso)

[root@apcom ~]# cat /var/spool/cron/asterisk
* * * * * [ -x /var/lib/asterisk/bin/schedtc.php ] && /var/lib/asterisk/bin/schedtc.php
* * * * * [ -x /var/www/html/admin/modules/dashboard/scheduler.php ] && /var/www/html/admin/modules/dashboard/scheduler.php > /dev/null 2>&1
12 * * * * /usr/sbin/fwconsole util cleanplaybackcache -q
@daily  [ -e /var/www/html/admin/modules/sysadmin/bin/check_portal.php ] && /var/www/html/admin/modules/sysadmin/bin/check_portal.php >/dev/null 2>&1
@daily  [ -x /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/ddns_client.php ] && /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/ddns_client.php >/dev/null 2>&1
@hourly  [ -x /var/lib/asterisk/bin/storage.php ] && /var/lib/asterisk/bin/storage.php >/dev/null 2>&1
59 0 11 * * /usr/sbin/fwconsole backup --backup=68131415-7e52-44f1-bf61-74668347252c  > /dev/null 2>&1
*/1 * * * * /usr/sbin/fwconsole calendar --sync 2>&1 > /dev/null
15 0 * * * /usr/sbin/fwconsole certificates --updateall -q 2>&1 >/dev/null
*/15 * * * * [ -e /etc/asterisk/firewall.enabled ] && touch /var/spool/asterisk/incron/firewall.firewall
30 22 * * * /usr/sbin/fwconsole recordingreports -s -c -q > /dev/null 2>&1
0 0 1 * * php /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/backuprecordings.php  > /dev/null 2>&1
@daily [ -x /var/lib/asterisk/bin/freepbx_sipstation_check ] && /var/lib/asterisk/bin/freepbx_sipstation_check 2>&1 > /dev/null
*/15 * * * * /usr/sbin/fwconsole userman --syncall -q
@daily  [ -x /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/update_license.php ] && /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/update_license.php --delay
14 4 * * * [ -e /usr/sbin/fwconsole ] && /usr/sbin/fwconsole ma listonline --sendemail -q > /dev/null 2>&1
14 6 * * * [ -e /usr/sbin/fwconsole ] && /usr/sbin/fwconsole ma installall --sendemail -q > /dev/null 2>&1

Why wouldn’t we want you to use our cloud environment. Sangoma is a for profit company. Sangoma is not a charity. Sangoma has shareholders (you can find us on STC.V Symbol Lookup from Yahoo Finance). Whenever this comes up I am always amazed that people think it’s wrong that Sangoma won’t share their secret cloud sauce and that Sangoma wants people to use their cloud service.

Our secret cloud sauce doesn’t have anything to do with FreePBX. We use the same FreePBX code base as you do. There are no modifications to the base code. Anything secret is all about how to manage a cloud environment. From the hardware to the monitoring services and I’m not going to give that information away for free? Then you’d just go copy how Sangoma does cloud and I’d be out of a job? (also Sangoma could literally sue me because that is disclosing corporate IP). Since FreePBX is open source I can’t (and have no intention) on hiding the fixes we do to Framework. But the Framework Sangoma Cloud uses is the same Framework you use.

I’m not forcing you to use Sangoma’s Cloud environment. But why wouldn’t I want you to use it? I’ve given you here (and in the other threads, posts, fixes and patches) ways we are mitigating these issues for you. Again. The code base is the same.

This thread is JUST FULL of crazy. Threads like this make me glad that I can comment here as an Official Arsehole™, and not as a Sangoma Employee, because I don’t need to be nice.

A few quick refutations.

1. If you’re caring about ‘CPU Spikes’ then you’re running in a virtualized environment. If you’re NOTICING them, you’re probably running on ancient hardware. This is going to be 100% of your problem. I notice you haven’t actually said what hardware you’re running on, so you’re probably ashamed to admit you’re using 10 year old CPUs, or whatever.

2. Sangoma’s cloud stack is built using exactly the same FreePBX as you guys download. It has MORE commercial stuff in it than you would get on a standard install. So if your statement was correct, it would be much worse for them.

3. Cherry picking statements to make people seem to agree with your agenda is a dick move. @tm1000 and I know that logging into peoples machines without an indemnity is just asking to get sued. So if you’re unhappy with the free support you get here, then grow a pair and cough up the $200 or whatever it’s going to cost you to get dedicated access to his time. Yes. You can pay a small amount of money to get him to care extremely deeply about your issues and (hopefully) fix them.

4. Deleting replies is ALSO a dick move. If you’ve said something that makes you look like an idiot, then congrats. You probably are one. Edit your post, and add your correction to the end of it. Or, even better, DON’T CLICK SUBMIT BEFORE YOU’VE THOUGHT ABOUT WHAT YOU’RE SAYING. If people engaged their brains BEFORE using their keyboard, the world would be a much better place.

Even worse is everyone acting all surprised when you’re pointed at big public blog posts saying ‘This is how to fix your problem’, because they haven’t bothered to read them.

I’m not even apologetic about posting this rant. This entire thread makes me sad, and I hate to think how Andrew is feeling.

6 Likes

Hi,

Welcome to the thread Official Arsehole™. Thanks for letting your opinion over here. Let me reply to your points.

It is definnely not the hardware that are causing the problems. Don’t say things that aren’t even true, because that perfectly shows how stupid your reaction is. With all the respect of course. Just don’t do it. We run on perfect hardware, and great intel CPUs.

Andrew said that the cloud-enviroment is based on the FreePBX opensource core, but does have some extra nor changed features in the system. I just said, that Andrew probably could take a look at the difference between the cloud-enviroment and the open-source project. Just to make sure. Why not?

I never said that I’m not happy with the support over here. Actually, I don’t ask for support in this thread. I’m sharing a solution that worked for ME and MIGHT help others. If 25+ people are reporting a problem, it can be a global problem. Not just only for me. There are a lot of people in this and other threads that haves the same issue.

I didn’t wanted to delete my replies at all. The system freezed my account, and then Andrew freezed this whole thread. I couldn’t change anything. How am I suppose to edit, react, nor change something if my account is blocked? If you read my thread, then you can see I explained this already.

Again: I have a lot of respect for Andrew, Sangoma and FreePBX. I’m just sharing possible problems nor solutions. Why is this a problem? That’s where a forum is for. I’m just trying to help other people, or come to a permanent solution with Sangoma development team, and other users here.

And that would be? What is the hardware, VM environment and the CPUs?

He is referring to the fact that when you get a hosted PBX with Sangoma, you get commercial modules included. So it’s still FreePBX that you and I would install but instead of having to pay extra for the commercial modules they are baked into the VM costs.

I’ve already covered this. 25 of 500,000 (or more) isn’t a global problem. It’s a very small percentage of the user base. Not even a full percent.

That is a lie. Please don’t say things that are untrue. You deleted your posts, edited the opening post to praise dicko and also changed the subject of the thread. All of this was done before @tm1000 did anything to hide the thread. I was still in the thread when you removed your posts and the system refreshed the changes.

Ok @shuijsen can you just stop. Just because we let you back in here after you deleted all of your replies doesn’t mean you can just go all out on your replies calling other people stupid

No it does not. It is the same FreePBX you are using.

Its. the. same. code. base.

You went through and “deleted” all of your content here way before the system detected anything. After you removed everything you posted

I deleted this topic due to some unleft risks facts. For a better solution please visit a thread of @dicko. He got some great threads, with a lot of powerful and efficient solutions.

Then I made the thread “invisible” because what was the point. All of your responses including your original comment were removed. It was just replies arguing at a black hole. I then silenced your account because you went and removed all of your replies on this thread making it unbalanced and bordering on trolling.

Lorne actually posted about you deleting all of your replies before I was even actually at my computer.

Shortly after that I unlisted the thread. See for yourself. Judging from what the forum is saying Lorne posted 7 hours ago. Then I unlisted the thread 6 hours ago. About an hour after you went through and removed everything of value from this thread.

Then why won’t you say what the specs of your VMs are?

I… I don’t think you know who I am. I assume you’re new here, but I was the guy that created FreePBX. I am also the guy that created the FreePBX Cloud Hosting. Now, it’s possible that it may have been totally changed since I left, but I find that unlikely. I may be wrong. But, when I say that FreePBX Cloud is FreePBX with more commercial stuff you probably should believe me.

Yes. But a GLOBAL problem is not a MAJOR problem. If 25 people are having dramas with their VMs and no-one else is, then I point the finger at the people having problems.

@moodinsk even mentioned that he’s running 89 images on a HyperV system (which is explicitly discouraged) without any problems. I’m running a pile here, and… This is just not a problem for anyone else APART from you.

You’re the one keeping everything secret. Maybe if you actually said what you were doing, people might be able to offer you suggestions on what to do.

For example, I use LXD for all my FreePBX containers now. I spent a month writing all the automation to make that happen, so that’s my secret sauce. If you want to use LXD, and ask for help, I may even comment with some hints. But keeping everything secret and then blaming everyone ELSE is not how to win friends and influence people.

Oh, and telling the guy that wrote the software he doesn’t know what he’s talking about is not a great start, either.

What are the odds that this thread is going to become productive?
Getting ready to shut it down again.

5 Likes

You should. For once I won’t be the “Nazi/Dictator” here.

_Note that upon further investigation it was discovered that @shuijsen works for @4allbusiness. https://www.linkedin.com/in/serge-huijsen one has to wonder why this wasn’t originally clarified since 4allbusiness has posted about CPU issues previously here: Audio Drop and High CPU - #2 by 4allbusiness

2 Likes