The official end of Trixbox CE

You are right it does not integrate with FreePBX, it needs PBXware.
Still - if the customer wants we cannot provide for free - at least we keep them happy. I was just looking through your web site in the meantime. What are your plans please? That might be an alternative?

You are right it does not integrate with FreePBX, it needs PBXware.
Still - if the customer wants we cannot provide for free - at least we keep them happy. I was just looking through your web site in the meantime. What are your plans please? That might be an alternative?

Check out the wiki

Do you happen to have a link to this solution, so I can read and verify that the solution will work for us? I could not find it on the website, and don’t want to refer to something that is not in line with freepbx.

Well I can’t really comment, certainly you could reinstall the software but the question is will the supplied SPANDSP/FreePBX fax solution provide the same functionality?

Good afternoon.

We are still running a trixbox 2.8 install, and are currently looking at upgrading to Freepbx. I saw this thread, and thought, WOW, this would be amazing to just upgrade. I do have a few questions that I didn’t find answered in this thread, so I thought I would ask:

1. Do all the settings currently in place stay the same? This includes extensions, trunks, etc.

2. We have hylafax/iaxmodem set up for inbound faxes to go to an email address; would this still be functional?

3. Does this also upgrade the version of asterisk to 1.8?

4. Does it upgrade CentOS at the same time, or don’t need to worry about that?

Obviously before doing this we would want to backup trixbox, so hoping that their backup utilities actually work.

1 - Yes

2 - No

3 - Yes (or 2.10/11)

4 - Yes

trixbox backup - Doesn’t work, nothing to restore to. You can install FreePBX 2.6 backup on trixbox but that will only restore to 2.6.

Skyking, this is all great news.

In regards to hylafax/iaxmodem, would I need to re-set this back up once the conversion is complete, or is it not functional altogether?

I wonder - I have a client here that would benefit - Does it allow recovery from the Forked version of FreePBX?

Greg, What are you asking, I can’t figure out your question in this context.

I will do that.

One last question: We have several Cisco 7970’s with existing (and working) configs. With this conversion, would TFTPBOOT directory stay the same and working after the conversion?

I just started the update script on a TrixboxCE 2.8 VM (Citrix Xen Virtual Machine)

The script seems to be running fine and im curious about the result. It is attached to two SIP Trunks, and some Cisco 79xx phones and serveral ATAs

Although after the upgrade the machine is not booting anymore because Citrix XEN is not supporting the installed kernel. I will need to look into this further.

Just running this on a Trixbox 2.6.2.3 system and it wouldn’t work until I:
Fixed the SQL credentials (changed to asteriskuser fm freepbxuser)
Fixed the AMPMGR credentials (uncommented in /etc/amportal.conf and added to /etc/asterisk/manager.conf)
Made the asterisk update portion of the script work (manually ran “yum erase asterisk* app_flite*” from command line)
Re-ran the FreePBX installation portion of the script

Also had to run:
yum remove zaptel-1.4*

then run:
yum -y install kmod-dahdi-linux-2.6.1 dahdi-linux-kmod-debuginfo-2.6.1 dahdi-linux-2.6.1 dahdi-linux-debuginfo-2.6.1 dahdi-linux-devel-2.6.1
yum -y install dahdi-tools-2.6.1 dahdi-tools-debuginfo-2.6.1 dahdi-tools-doc-2.6.1
yum -y install libtonezone-2.6.1 libtonezone-devel-2.6.1

yum remove wanpipe-util-3.4*
yum -y install sysadmin wanpipe iSymphonyServer-fpbx

amportal restart

Then updated to next version of distro, which wouldn’t work until:

yum remove memcached
yum update libevent*

But in the end asterisk was borked - wouldn’t start so:
IGNORE ALL THESE POSTS!

As I stated in my second post here.

“This script should take any trixbox 2.8 system to the latest Stable FreePBX Distro of 1.816.210.58-1.”

So taking a Trixbox 2.6 wont work. It needs to be 2.8

I know - I just thought I could “massage” it into working. Probably would have come back if I had manually installed asterisk but 'twas a small system and not really worth the effort…

Hello,
I have been watching this thread for quite sometime and I think it’s time to test out your script (I am very thankful to tonyclewis for all of the hard work that went into it and for posting it for others). I have a production box that needs to be upgraded to FreePBX and I will only have an 8 hour window to ‘pull the trigger’. I am fairly certain it is a 2.8 system (the footer on the System Status page is v2.8.0.4 ©2008 Fonality, inc All Rights Reserved.) but I cannot go to the Fonality forums and verify this (thanks Fonality). Could someone verify that it is indeed a v2.8 system.

My plan is to pull one of the hard-drives, image it, then try the upgrade script. If it fails I am hoping I can just restore from the image and try again.

Upgrade went successfully loading as freepbx but GUI is not coming, every time it is a blank page?