The following modules are disabled because they need to be upgraded: restapps

I have a recent fresh install of FreePBX, and i continue to get this message on the dashboard (and email notifications):
You have a disabled module
The following modules are disabled because they need to be upgraded:
restapps
You should go to the module admin page to fix these.

If i go to module admin, nothing related to restapps is visible… seems like i see a reference to it inside of phoneapps, but i don’t have that commercial app.

Any thoughts on how to clear it?

BTW, here’s what’s in the email notification (slightly different)
Module(s) requiring upgrades: restapps

Upgrading module ‘restapps’ from 14.0.1 to 14.0.1 Module restapps successfully downloaded in 0 seconds All upgrades completed successfully!

Installing missing modules: restapps

Module restapps successfully downloaded in 1 seconds Module restapps installation completed in 3 seconds Done. All modules installed.

What’s the output of

fwconsole ma list ?

| restapps             | 13.0.92.30 | Disabled; Pending upgrade to 14.0.1 | Commercial  |

Then i tried:

fwconsole ma upgrade restapps
No repos specified, using: [standard,extended,commercial,unsupported] from last GUI settings

restapps is the same as the online version, unable to upgrade
Updating Hooks...Done
[r@freepbx ~]# fwconsole ma enable restapps
The following error(s) occured:
 - Module restapps cannot be enabled
[r@freepbx ~]#

Ok. Assuming you purchased this module, but did not renew the annual maintenance fee. Which is why you can’t download/install newer versions.

I didn’t purchase it, at least not knowingly (and don’t think i did). As i mentioned, this is a fresh install on new hardware. The only think i purchased module wise was Endpoint Manager.
I also tried to delete the module via fwconsole and it won’t let me.
Is is a stand alone module or is a dependency for something else?
Any other thoughts?

I just ran fwconsole ma upgradeall and it successfully updated to 14.0.1 for me.

I am afraid there’s some licensing issue with your account.

Is your PBX activated?
Can you go to Module Admin > Check Online, find Phone Apps, and post a screenshot.

(By the way, thanks for your help on this :+1:)
Here’s module admin for Phone Apps and Endpoint Manager

Try

fwconsole ma downloadinstall endpoint --tag 14.0.2.194

And then

fwconsole ma enable restapps
fwconsole reload

in ‘list’ it now shows Not Installed :slight_smile:

The results from the commands are below (didn’t look like good responses, but it’s uninstalled)
Thanks!
-jim

fwconsole ma downloadinstall endpoint --tag 14.0.2.194
No repos specified, using: [standard,extended,commercial,unsupported] from last GUI settings
Unable to update module endpoint - 14.0.2.194:
Checking database tables...Done
Migrating tables as required...Done
Checking Settings and Defaults...Done
Generating Configs...Done
Downloading Firmware...Done (Background)
Generating CSS...Done
Module endpoint successfully installed
Updating Hooks...Done

restapps is not a locally installed module, unable to upgrade
Updating Hooks...Done
[r@freepbx ~]# fwconsole ma enable restapps
The following error(s) occured:
 - Module restapps cannot be enabled
[r@freepbx ~]# fwconsole reload
Reloading FreePBX
Successfully reloaded
1 Like
fwconsole ma downloadinstall restapps

Remove Endpoint Manager if it’s not needed, then remove restapps.

See OPs post…

My apologies. In that case, EPM needs to be upgraded before restapps (Phone Apps Module).

If you are running updates via fwconsole, it should automatically resolve dependencies no matter in which order you specify the modules you want to update. Unless if the dependency is in edge.

For some reason, it seems that restapps isn’t installed now, so OP just need to install it.

I suggest a reboot then upgrading Endpoint via GUI, apply settings, then check for updates again for phone apps module.

Again, why a reboot? There’s literally no reason to reboot here.

I rebooted mine, ran the upgrade process then it worked. I had the same error as this guy so I was suggesting it.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.