The announcement's

Ok I have two AAH 2.8 boxes which I just setup, I never logged into them before the update to Freepbx 2.1.1

The drop menu for announcements has none of the canned announcemetnts showing

I can go create a new announcement but I wish to use the canned as they sound better…

all the announcements are in the /var/lib/asterisk/sounds

What is the deal

The announcements only show things that have been added using the System Recordings menu. It has never shown the original sound files.

I have two asterisk systems which I upgraded, and somewhere along the way I get all my gsm files under custom/ to display in the drop down.

The way I get them in AAH / FreePBX is to import them into the database.
I just do not remember doing that for the older systems.

My custom sounds folder was there before the GUI was added on the older systems… so I assumed the install of the freepbx database script had done something and was removed it the newer visions…

I must be confused (happens alot)

I think you may be confused about AAH and FreePBX.

FreePBX is NOT the successor to AAH, it is the successor to AMP, which
was just one of the components of AAH (granted, probably the most visible component).

But the AAH install script did LOTS of things the FreePBX script does not do, in fact it added an extra tab (“maint”) to the AMP GUI.

The successor to AAH is TRIXBOX, which has been re-written to take account of the new modular architecture of FreePBX, and also has a new look.

No I am not confused about freepbx / amp / aah / trixbox

The older system ARE NOT AAH they ran AMP now upgraded to freepbx but they are not an AAH install

I never said anything about that, all I wanted to know is why the custom gsm sounds are not being put into the database it makes no sense to lose 256 sound files when you upgrade, …get it.

I do not think I had to do this in the past…but as I said maybe I just do it without thinking…

To have to stop and run a SQL import is not cool.

and to record the 256 files over no way…

bubba wrote:

[quote] Ok I have two AAH 2.8 boxes which I just setup, I never logged into them before the update to Freepbx 2.1.1

The drop menu for announcements has none of the canned announcemetnts showing

I can go create a new announcement but I wish to use the canned as they sound better…

all the announcements are in the /var/lib/asterisk/sounds

What is the deal

[/quote]I suspect it’s because the canned announcements would rarely be sufficient
for any production system.

If you record your own announcement, you can always copy the canned
.wav file on top of the your voice file from the command line and get
this effect.

I generally symlink to the canned file - so it’s clear that that message is
a canned one. And if I accidentally wipe it out, just re-create the
symlink.

Lee Marzke

Amportal-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/amportal-users

Post generated using Mail2Forum (http://www.mail2forum.com)