or the past month or so I’ve been working on our PBX. It started off as an upgrade until I noticed our existing FreePBX is still on 1.817.210.58-1. So I have a new server (vm) and it’s running 5.211.65-15. I’m trying to configure the new one off of old notes and a stare and compare from the old PBX. As you can imagine, it’s not working out as hope.
I tried to configure the tftp server but the phone never communicates with it. Admittely I configured everything the same as we did on our current PBX. If I need to do something different; I can’t figure out what. The phone gets an IP from AD, but we never see any TFTP coming over the tcpdump. I checked IP tables I believe they are good, but I’m too new at this to not double check anything you suggest.