FreePBX | Register | Issues | Wiki | Portal | Support

Tell Freepbx to make a call when it receives and email

(Omarioja) #1

Good day all, Is there a modules in Freepbx that when it receives a email it can call a specific extension / eternal number and play an notification. It should also retry until the person opt out not to receive that particular notification. This is not for the purpose of spam. I have 120 agent in my company and i need to notify them after hours when particular transaction are not successful. email use is not permitted.

Regards,
Omar.

(Dave Burgess) #2

Sure - there are tons of examples out there.

The bad news: it’s not something you can just plug in and turn on: you’re going to have to write the code.

(Omarioja) #4

Ok Thanks. Do u by any chance have a link to any of these examples.

(Dave Burgess) #5

Not the entire chain. Look for “call files” and “Asterisk AMI”. You might also be able to access the system through the REST API, although I’ve never tried that.

I Googled “Send asterisk email an e” and this popped up top.

If you thoroughly read the thread they cover how to get an email to execute a script (for you, make a call file). They also link out to the call file info.

I like this reference the best.
http://the-asterisk-book.com/1.6/call-file.html

(Omarioja) #7

I greatly appreciate your response i will defiantly try this.

(Omarioja) #8

Thanks appreciate the effort i will look into this. If i get it working i will post it in the forum.

(system) #9

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.