Telephone to use with Freepbx

Can’t wait to see the videos ! :wink:

Ok - Video’s here in a minute, but these phones (The Grandstream GXV3380’s) are FANTASTIC!

Speaker Phone Quality is the best I have ever used. Video is stunning, both Inbound and Outbound.

But the killer feature is that it’s an Android Tablet along with being a Video Phone - Which means I have installed Microsoft Teams and Zoom ON THE PHONE! Now you can participate in Video Conferences on your phone instead of your Computer.

More? I have a Plex Server with a Digital TV Card - so I can watch live TV on the Phone too! Imagine all those news junkie people out there that can watch it anytime - Sling is an option too! So Sports for the CPA crowd when they are cramming at Tax Time!

Fantastic - I will post some videos of the phone in action here shortly!

1 Like

Oh geezzz… You guys now having me buying a few to test! haha

1 Like

Ok - Only two things I have noticed so far:

1. Intercom (*80+Ext) doesn’t seem to work - not listening to the Alert Info I am guessing? I am going to put in a trouble ticket with Grandstream on that one.

2. Not able to provision with EPM - Not a huge thing since I don’t guess I will deploy hundreds of them, but still, it would be nice.

Video here in a minute!

Paging isn’t controlled by Alert Info. It uses Call Info. This is not something that should be possible to enable from just the PABX end, if the PABX isn’t handling provisioning, as it allows people to use the phone to spy on a room. I would hope you had to enable it on the phone, but can’t, quickly, find the relevant documentation.

See:

https://forums.grandstream.com/t/sip-header-for-auto-answer/1253

Those settings aren’t there - It’s cool that there is a standard for it now:

To be compliant with RFC 3261, you should use
Call-Info: ;answer-after=0

But this phone doesn’t seem to have anyplace to turn it on - I wonder if this is what Asterisk is sending? I will have to do a packet-capture to see.

If anything is sending it, it is FreePBX; the Asterisk Page () application requires the phone to be set to auto-answer separately. I don’t think it has any SIP specifics.

From the Webserver, Applications -> Programmable Keys has a multitude of programmable options for you, one might suit.
I personally use multicasting for playing network streams including messages from my “Smart Home” system. but each phone can 'page ’ from a button and has 10 separate multicast streams it can listen on, makes quite a nice video intercom for a smaller group with no PBX needed but gratecully accepted

to be honest, the worst IP Phones I’ve ever seen are Grandstream. 1. If I had to say a number, I would say SNOM.
Yealink and Fanvil phones are best in price/performance.
Besides, Escene phones are cheap. If you think about Wireless/Wifi, the best alternative is FlayingVoice brand.

I can’t comment on other brands.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.