Tampered file after update to framework RC31

Module: FreePBX Framework, File: /var/lib/asterisk/bin/amportal missing

uh oh ?

~]# amportal a reload

Fetching FreePBX settings with gen_amp_conf.php…

Error(s) have occured, the following is the retrieve_conf output:
exit: 255
found language dir en_UK for broadcast, not installed on system, skipping
found language dir fr for directory, not installed on system, skipping
found language dir en_UK for pagingpro, not installed on system, skipping
PHP Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 106168320) (tried to allocate 2547 bytes) in /var/www/html/admin/libraries/less/Less.php on line 2572

What system is this? You should never run out of memory on the less compiler at the reload stage

For the other error simply run:

amportal chown

FreePBX distro 5.211.65-18

Thanks, seems good now.

I had run amportal chown before and received that error on the reload, however it worked this time ?

This is my strange acting box that will not do a reload without doing a reboot first, then will not receive calls after a reload, so my current process is:


So it had issues previously?

yes, somewhere along the upgrade path to 65-18 it started behaving this way

This is a system level issue - that’s not saying ‘I reached a limit I had set for myself’, that’s saying ‘I asked the computer for some memory, and it told me it didn’t have any left’.

It’s extremely bad, and should never happen.

I would have a look at what’s using a bunch of memory. The command ‘top’ would be a good starting point. You may have a script or process running on your machine that is buggy or in a loop, and is using all the system memory?

Also, look at the Memory stats in the new Dashboard.

Also what does

free -m


top shows that java is taking up about 18% of memory

looking at memory stats, I’m funning between 60-80% but I can see instances where used and cached memory have left no free memory

]# free -m
total used free shared buffers cached
Mem: 2048 1513 534 0 0 316
-/+ buffers/cache: 1196 851
Swap: 0 0 0

There’s your problem. Your machine has somehow managed to lose its swap!

thanks for pointing out that problem, I guess a do-over is in order, so much for my weekend. I guess its a flag for others that updating to try to keep current is not infallible

It may be that someone’s edited /etc/fstab and taken out the swap line?

Try doing fdisk /dev/sda, to make sure there is a swap partition there still, and just re-add it to /etc/fstab.

~]# fdisk /dev/sda

Unable to open /dev/sda


Created by anaconda on Tue Aug 5 09:11:57 2014 #
Accessible filesystems, by reference, are maintained under ‘/dev/disk’ #
See man pages fstab(5), findfs(8), mount(8) and/or blkid(8) for more info #
UUID=5508f7e5-ccc8-4edf-bdcd-147b5a653ef7 / ext4 defaults 1 1
UUID=902cb270-b741-4677-98e7-8ad61e8a35b2 /boot ext4 defaults 1 2
UUID=4d80debb-aa7d-4398-898d-7a73c8e1a608 swap swap defaults 0 0
tmpfs /dev/shm tmpfs defaults 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts gid=5,mode=620 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs defaults 0 0
proc /proc proc defaults 0 0

Well. Your fstab thinks it has swap, but, it’s not recognising it.

Honestly, the quickest and easiest would just be to open a support ticket, buy an hours worth of support credits, and get it fixed that way.

The other option is to reinstall

(Or, figure out what your drive is called - try using ‘df’ to find out, and change the UUID=whatever to /dev/whatever on the swap line)

Thanks guys.

Looks like I’m in over my head here. Support sounds the right way to go (I don’t really want to spend the weekend rebuilding this box)