Table Cel is marked as crashed error

When I try to run a full backup on freepbx 13 I get the following. How do I fix this?

mysqldump: Error 1194: Table ‘cel’ is marked as crashed and should be repaired when dumping table cel at row: 884573

mysqlcheck --repair --all-databases

SSH into the system
Do fwconsole mysql
Do: use asteriskcdrdb
Do: REPAIR TABLE cel

That should do it.

Edit: Oh Lorne beat me.

@lgaetz 's instructions assume you are logged into the console as root as well as yours. The advantage of @BlazeStudios approach is that the crashed table gets repaired very quickly, but if other tables are crashed, they don’t. The advantage of @lgaetz 's instructions is that you repair all of the tables in the entire system, but can take considerably longer.

Both approaches are good tools to have in your box.

This worked but what causes this issue?

MySQL tables usually crash because of MySQL being shut down improperly. In the past, things like write races could cause them as well, but much has been done over the past 20 years to make this less and less likely. Powering your system off (or similar hardware fiasoes) in the middle of an active update session is probably the most likely,

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.