Systems Recordings Module

Not sure if this is the correct place or not to post some code for a fix the Systems Recordings Module. I hope not to get bashed to much but I do use Trixbox and maybe this is more there problem…don’t know just wanted it fixed and wanted to give back.

The up and down arrows in the Systems Recordings (v-5.3.8.9) wasn’t working correctly. While editing a recording with several child recordings if you clicked the down / up arrows to move the recordings it wouldn’t move the record but would create and empty recording. I narrowed the problem down to some sting manipulations problems. I have attached some updated code that might prove useful.

foreach ($_REQUEST as $key => $val) {
		if (strpos($key,"_x") != 0) {
	      	$up = strpos($key, "up");
			$down = strpos($key, "down");
			$del = strpos($key, "del");

if ($up !== false ) {
				$up = substr(substr($key,2), 0, strpos(substr($key,2), "_"));
				recordings_move_file_up($id, $up);
			}
			if ($del !== false ) {
				$del = substr(substr($key,3), 0, strpos(substr($key,3), "_"));
				recordings_delete_file($id, $del);
			}
			if ($down !== false ) {
				$down = substr(substr($key,4), 0, strpos(substr($key,4), "_"));
				recordings_move_file_down($id, $down);
			}
		}		
	}

Please post this as a ticket in the ticket tracker: http://freepbx.org/trac/newticket

Check the version in Module Administration for Recordings as the version that you posted does not exist (v-5.3.8.9), the current version for FreePBX is 3.3.8.8.

And when you are at it, please post as a .diff file so that we can track the actual file that you patched.

Will do…

Looks like a something is jacked up in the trixbox module list. The module lists version 5.3.8.9 but the changelog is 3.3.8.9

Thanks I will post a ticket. I just didn’t know where to do that at.

actually - please confirm this is an issue in FreePBX first, v-5.3.8.9 is from the trixbox fork, which means, even if it is broken and we do address it, you won’t see the fix until they choose to bring it in.

And you won’t be able to bring in ours through module admin because it will say you have a newer version, even if we have an update. (It’s why trixbox bumped the number up to 5.x so that you can’t pull in new FreePBX modules, you have to pull it when they are ready unless you manually do it and get around the versioning).

Good to know. I tried to create a ticket but I get…

TICKET_CREATE_SIMPLE privileges are required to perform this operation

I will look at try to take a look at the latest FreePBX source and see if the problem exist.

you have to be authenticated to create a ticket, but see my message above before doing such, want to make sure it is a bug on ours. (And I checked on my system and can move them around - but I’ve got the 2.6 version loaded which has other changes in it).

Yes, just looked at the source. Looks like the current code is…

if (strpos($key,"_") == 0) {

}
		if ( $up !== false ) {
			$up = substr($key, 2);
		}
		if ($del !== false ) {
			$del = substr($key,3);
		}
		if ($down !== false ) {
			$down = substr($key,4);
		}
	}

After modification …

if (strpos($key,"_x") != 0) {
			$del = strpos($key, "ins");

if ($up !== false ) {
				$up = substr(substr($key,2), 0, strpos(substr($key,2), "_"));
			}
			if ($del !== false ) {
				$del = substr(substr($key,3), 0, strpos(substr($key,3), "_"));
			}
			if ($down !== false ) {
				$down = substr(substr($key,4), 0, strpos(substr($key,4), "_"));
			}
		}		
	}

For my last comment the “current” code was pulled from …

http://freepbx.org/trac/browser/modules/release/2.6/recordings-3.3.8.8.tgz

As this is a trixbox issue with their patched version of recording I think that your best shot will be by posting it as a bug in their tracker.

Will do thanks guys.

miller357,

normally I would say to do an “svn log” to see why they put the change in their code. Problem is, trixbox does not give anyone access to their svn repository (assuming they even use one) last time I checked, so you are at their mercy as to why the change.

Just to be clear, the new code is a modification I made to get it working. The code for the functions.inc.php file from both trixbox and freepbx seems to be the same for the system recording module. I suppect this might have something to do with a web server, php or browser configuration.

No biggie, I submitted a request to the trixbox bug site.

thanks for the clarification.

From a quick check, that code has not been changed since it was first introduced (r4147) so you may want to make sure there is not something weird in your environment.