System Recordings not working

Would this stop the module from loading on the GUI?

what module di you believe not being loaded? Asterisk certainly can’t play a non existent file though :slight_smile:

the “entries” in system recording module are just that, mysql pointers to a file with a name set in language/custom it has no knowledge if you have deleted the referenced file.

As I explained in the first post. When I click new recording or go to edit a recording on the web GUI, it loads for 30 seconds and times out. I believe it is something to do with the permissions of where the custom folder should be located. It isn’t the fact they aren’t playing as I am aware the directory is empty as I deleted the folder.

Does the custom folder have the permissions set right?

ll /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/en_GB/ | grep custom

your permissions look good,

mysql asterisk -e ' select * from recordings'

is what you had and where you had 'em,
maybe put some named files back in location or maybe if the id no longer makes sense start over with

mysql asterisk -e 'delete from recordings'

note that the filename is rooted in /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/en if fcode is NULL you can figure out where if it is not NULL

I would also note that your sound files themselves seem to all be in /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/ which is not a good thing.

there should always be a full en set in var/lib/asterisk/sounds/en.
The channels language will prefer to use /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/LAN but in the absence of any file will play the ‘en’ one,

where you seem have all the sound files was last used about 15 years ago , I would fix these things first before doing custom stuff. You can re-source them from

https://downloads.asterisk.org/pub/telephony/sounds/

you should get both core and extra for en and any other you use and appropriately extract them into each language directory, do a fwconsole chown after doing that.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.