System Admin - Zend Issues

Hi all! I have recently installed and configured a new Asterisk server to replace my old system. I have it mostly configured just need a bit more tweaking but I don’t seem to have a System Admin option in the “Admin” drop down menu.

I have a FreePBX Distro with Cent OS 6 my other info is
PHP version 5.3.3, Zend Engine V 2.3.0, and Asterisk 11.2

I have looked through these forums and do see some input abiut this issue but I am a bit confused on how to resolve this. I looked in my Module Admin and looked for the Systerm Admin Module and found it in the Commercial area - I am going for the free one for now but I get this when I try to download that module…“PHP Component Zend Guard Loader is required but missing from you PHP installation”

Can someone guide me on how to get this working? Is the Zend piece I’m missing a module? If so, I don’t see where I can get that - If I need to run some commands, can I get some help here as well?

Thank you all

You mention you are using the FreePBX Distro, which ISO file did you use?

I got this version via - DistroWatch it is AsteriskNOW-3.0.0-i386-DVD.iso ( Distribution Release)
I had the version previous to this - but that had similar issues - I rebuilt my server with the latest version.

I ran a php -v and get this…
PHP 5.3.3 (cli) (built: Feb 22 2013 02:37:06)
Copyright © 1997-2010 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.3.0, Copyright © 1998-2010 Zend Technologies.
Nothing about the Zend Loader

I am also getting an error or warning about not trusting the date and time and it was set to America,NY. This one I think I can handle.

I’ve been googling the ZEND issue - find all kinds of interesting data - except how to really fix it. ! Oh well - here I am.

You are running AsteriskNow, not the FreePBX Distro, AsteriskNow is a distro compiled by Digium, and does not include SysAdmin by default. The instructions for adding compatability for commercial modules within AsteriskNow can be found in our wiki: http://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FCM/Asterisk+Now+and+Other+FreePBX+System

I updated these instructions when AsteriskNOW 3.0 was released a week ago. You will also need to enable the FreePBX Framework before you will be able to install SysAdmin.

Another option would be to install and use the FreePBX Distro which includes support for SysAdmin and Commercial modules already baked in. http://www.freepbx.org/freepbx-distro You will also note that many available modules and features are not loaded by default in AsteriskNOW, so you will have some additional modules to load to get all available features on that system.

Thank you Preston,
I opted to follow you instructions for Asterisk NOW since I have a server set up and our phones are working. I now have the System Admin Module and it seems to be working too- for which I thank you!!

I also registered with Schmooze for a license. I have my Deployment ID but the License Page gives me an error when I try to register - I have a ticket open with schmooze now.

Hello wise and helpful folks…

I am also using the AsteriskNow 3.0.0 distro and followed your instructions located here: http://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FCM/Asterisk+Now+and+Other+FreePBX+System
Now when trying to access the module admin I receive an error:

Not found

[color=#000000; font-family: Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif, Verdana, 'Trebuchet MS', SunSans-Regular; font-size: 15px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal]The section you requested does not exist or you do not have access to it.[/color] [color=#000000; font-family: Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif, Verdana, 'Trebuchet MS', SunSans-Regular; font-size: 15px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal]Attempting to access other modules in the FreePBX interface returns me to the admin login screen where re-entering the credentials allows me to access that particular module (Add Callback for example). [/color] [color=#000000; font-family: Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif, Verdana, 'Trebuchet MS', SunSans-Regular; font-size: 15px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal]I don't even know where to begin. I tried removing the packages installed in the instructions but that only made matters worse.[/color]

OK… that came out as a mess… let’s try that again…

Using AsteriskNow 3.0.0 distro. Followed these instructions:
http://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FCM/Asterisk+Now+and+Other+FreePBX+System

and now receive and error:

The section you requested does not exist or you do not have access to it.

Attempting to access other modules in the FreePBX interface returns me to the admin login screen where re-entering the credentials allows me to access that particular module (Add Callback for example). The add administrator will not allow me to add or change an administrator.

I don’t even know where to begin. I tried removing the packages installed in the instructions but that only made matters worse, reinstalling them brought the system back to it’s original broken state.

Hi Anuff, did you manage to sort your problem? I’m stuck at the same place after using the same procedure… :frowning:

php -v
PHP 5.3.3 (cli) (built: Dec 11 2013 03:15:48)
Copyright © 1997-2010 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.3.0, Copyright © 1998-2010 Zend Technologies
with Zend Guard Loader v3.3, Copyright © 1998-2010, by Zend Technologies

uname -p
i686

after installing the RPMs to enable FreePBX Commercial Module Support, reboot
Then open SSH and run
chown -R asterisk /var/lib/php/session
I input this command in linux and it started working again. Somehow during the upgrade the asterisk user lost the permission for the session.
The continue with the SysAdmin module.

Hope this helps.