System Admin: Disabled pending upgrade?

Weird one… I see system admin had an upgrade pending, so I upgraded it and it returns back to Module admin with System Admin Disabled; Pending upgrade to 2.10.0.30.

Again I tell it to upgrade and it does the same thing. Is this a known bug? what to do with it?

Thanks.

Asterisk (Ver. 1.8.9.1)
FreePBX ARI Framework 2.10.0.3
FreePBX Framework 2.10.0.4

I just removed the System Admin module to find it not listed as an install. I clicked on commercial and there is is!
So I used to have a working system admin module, now because it is “commercial” it will not install and has disabled my old working version.
So can anyone tell me where “FreePBX” has gone? I understand that Scmooze has been working on some of the system, but I think if they are going to remove “Free” services from the box, FreePBX needs to change it’s name to “PaidPBX”.
Typical of a free service to be influenced by a commercial sector and to start removing the “Free” from the service.
Probably time to move on, time to drop Bandwidth and change my server out. Pretty disappointed in what is going on here, so sad to see a nice system being moved into a commercial sector.
In all fairness, I did prefer the older version of FreePbx, this new version with its Schmooze layout I find rather boring and dysfunctional.

/endrant

I just tried it on 2 boxes and it upgraded fine.

Do you see any errors in the apache logs?

Can you confirm the correct location of the file? I think I have it but I am not 100% sure.

Sir Sysadmin has always been a commercial module from day 1. We offer a free version and a paid version with more functionality. This is the way it has been from day one and has never changed. Schmooze has been heavily involved in FreePBX since 2.5 days and not something new either.

Please do not start down a rant with incorrect facts.

Now on to your problem. I asked for you to look in your apache logs and tell me what you see there. The module has not changed from a install perspective so I would like to assist you with why it is failing to install when I know others are not having this type of issue.

So how comes I have never paid for it, yet I used to use it?

I just noticed you said you have a free version and a paid version. I removed the module completely from my server, tried to locate it again in the modules and it would not show up. The only way it would show up is when I clicked on “Commercial”.
The point would be, If I have been using the free version, why did it upgrade to a commercial version? I never have commercial checked, so I am 100% sure it is not something I did.

Did you just totally miss what I read???

I stated " We offer a free version and a paid version with more functionality"

Sysadmin was first introduced with the FreePBX Distro 14 months ago. It has had the exact same free and paid versions and they have not changed.

It sounds like you are having some weird install issue and I keep offering to help but you seem like you would rather spread false information than actually solve why it will not install for you.

It has always been under the commercial repo as even though it is free it is still licensed as commercial.

In the kickstart of the distro install we do this.

sudo -u asterisk /var/lib/asterisk/bin/module_admin reload
sudo -u asterisk /var/lib/asterisk/bin/module_admin download sysadmin
sudo -u asterisk /var/lib/asterisk/bin/module_admin install sysadmin

Which tells it to download the module than install it since it is not part of the stock FreePBX and part of the commercial repos.

You need to answer Tony’s question if you want help.

There has always been a free system admin since 2.10. It’s in the admin category. The paid version is an enhanced with many more features.

No, I missed it the first time around… I think maybe this communication is slightly out of sync.

Sorry, but I was not spreading false information, it is what it seemed when I had only seen it in the commercial side only!

Here is the error log of which I located in /var/log/httpd/ but I think this may be the wrong log…

here it is.

[Mon Apr 23 15:41:08 2012] [notice] suEXEC mechanism enabled (wrapper: /usr/sbin/suexec)
[Mon Apr 23 15:41:08 2012] [notice] Digest: generating secret for digest authentication …
[Mon Apr 23 15:41:08 2012] [notice] Digest: done
[Mon Apr 23 15:41:09 2012] [notice] Apache/2.2.19 (Unix) DAV/2 PHP/5.3.10 configured – resuming normal operations
[Mon Apr 23 15:51:50 2012] [error] [client 192.168.0.8] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function posix_getpwuid() in /var/www/html/admin/modules/sysadmin/install.php on line 0, referer: http://freepbx.home.local/admin/config.php
[Mon Apr 23 15:52:19 2012] [error] [client 192.168.0.8] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function posix_getpwuid() in /var/www/html/admin/modules/sysadmin/functions.inc/vpn.php on line 0, referer: http://freepbx.home.local/admin/config.php
[Mon Apr 23 15:58:27 2012] [error] [client 192.168.0.8] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function posix_getpwuid() in /var/www/html/admin/modules/sysadmin/functions.inc/vpn.php on line 0, referer: http://freepbx.home.local/admin/config.php
[Mon Apr 23 15:59:10 2012] [error] [client 192.168.0.8] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function posix_getpwuid() in /var/www/html/admin/modules/sysadmin/functions.inc/vpn.php on line 0, referer: http://freepbx.home.local/admin/config.php
[Mon Apr 23 16:00:09 2012] [error] [client 192.168.0.8] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function posix_getpwuid() in /var/www/html/admin/modules/sysadmin/functions.inc/vpn.php on line 0, referer: http://freepbx.home.local/admin/config.php
[Mon Apr 23 16:14:50 2012] [error] [client 192.168.0.8] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function posix_getpwuid() in /var/www/html/admin/modules/sysadmin/functions.inc/vpn.php on line 0, referer: http://freepbx.home.local/admin/config.php
[Mon Apr 23 16:15:15 2012] [error] [client 192.168.0.8] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function posix_getpwuid() in /var/www/html/admin/modules/sysadmin/functions.inc/vpn.php on line 0, referer: http://freepbx.home.local/admin/config.php

Do a yum install php-process then try again.

That package should be installed on all FreePBX based systems. What version of the FreePBX Distro are you using?

Listen, first off I want to apologize for ranting about this. I feel bad about the information I gave at the start, it was uncalled for and unjustified.

Anyway… here is a little video to show you what is going on, whilst I try to discover the versions I am running…

GameGamer43, I did what you said, same results even after a reload.

Are you using the FreePBX Distro? Or are you just using the FreePBX GUI with another Distro.

To know if you are using the FreePBX Distro please send the output of cat /etc/asterisk/freepbxdistro-version

Also what do you get when you do a rpm -qa | grep php

[root@asterisk ~]# cat /etc/asterisk/freepbxdistro-version
1.89.210.57-1

[root@asterisk ~]# rpm -qa | grep php
php-cli-5.3.10-1.3
php-devel-5.3.10-1.3
php-pdo-5.3.10-1.3
php-5.3.10-1.3
php-gd-5.3.10-1.3
php-process-5.3.10-1.3
php-pear-DB-1.7.13-1.el5.centos
phpmyadmin-2.11.9.6-1.el5.rf
php-pear-1.4.9-6.el5
php-5.3-zend-guard-loader-5.5.0-3
php-common-5.3.10-1.3
php-mysql-5.3.10-1.3

Well their is no reason it should not install. I just removed it and re installed it again on another fresh system with no errors.

Do you have any other 3rd party modules like fop2 or anything else installed that might be getting in the way.

You could try and delete the module from module_admin

rm /var/www/html/admin/modules/sysadmin/

Now clear the cache directory

rm /var/www/html/admin/modules/_cache/*

Now go back to the GUI and re-download and try to install the module.

Sorry, hectic day at work again…

I am running FOP2, could that be the reason?

Could not delete the directory that way, went in via WINScp and removed it. Cache is already empty.

Went into Module admin and it was not there, as to be expected. Ran an online check to see if any new modules show up using “Basic”, “Extended” and “Unsupported”. Clicked on “Check online” and nothing showed up. It will only show up when I check “Commercial” also.

This time I clicked on install and it worked!!!.. I did nothing different than yesterday but ran the “clear cache” option above.

I can’t understand why it went like that, it frustrated me to no end BUT… I am glad you figured it out for me. I don’t have much hair anyway and this has left me with a few less… lol

I really need to calm down a little and take some deep breaths, but I don’t play with the system too much, I set it up, it works, I leave it alone!

Very weird to say the least, but I am happy… Many thanks and again, sorry for my attitude…