System Admin Disabled pending upgrade to 12.0.22

I have an old system that is EOL. I want to use the scrips from Sangoma to move to an entirely new machine running the current version and I see there is a tool to do that. However the tool requires the System Admin module to run on both machines and I can’t get it running on the old one.

I read some threads of other people who couldn’t get System Admin to run and it sounds like FOP2 might be stopping it from working. I tried to remove FOP2 by removing the /var/www/html/admin/modules/fop2admin directory as instructed in those old threads but I was still not able to get the System Admin to install.

I ran the yum update sysadmin from the root which returns a “No packages marked for Update” message and the System Admin still doesn’t install. What do I try next?

The old machine is FreePBX 12.0.76.2 with Asterisk 1.8.18.0

What is the message system admin gives you when you upgrade it?

Thank you in advance Andrew. Here’s the error from the GUI.

Installing sysadmin
Sysadmin RPM needs to be updated! Run 'yum update sysadmin' as root to continue Error(s) installing sysadmin:
    Failed to run installation scripts

Or when attempted from the command line
[root@PBX ~]# yum update sysadmin
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, kmod
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
* addons: yum.freepbxdistro.org
* base: yum.freepbxdistro.org
* extras: yum.freepbxdistro.org
* pbx: yum.freepbxdistro.org
* updates: yum.freepbxdistro.org
Setting up Update Process
No Packages marked for Update
[root@PBX ~]# yum update sysadmin
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, kmod
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
* addons: yum.freepbxdistro.org
* base: yum.freepbxdistro.org
* extras: yum.freepbxdistro.org
* pbx: yum.freepbxdistro.org
* updates: yum.freepbxdistro.org
Setting up Update Process
No Packages marked for Update
[root@PBX ~]#

I don’t believe there is a requirement for Sysadmin on the Donor PBX, are you getting an error when you run the script on the donor?

The page says both machines need to be activated and according to the page you must have the system admin module running to activate the license.

What page?

http://wiki.freepbx.org/display/PPS/Elastix+and+PBXinaFlash+to+FreePBX+Distro+Conversion+Tool which links to the activation instructions on this page http://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FPG/FreePBX+Distro

That page says that the new PBX must be activated.

The instructions are for registering both “Brand-new installation” and “existing installation” and instructions are for both version 12.0.19 or newer as well as a set for 12.0.18 or older.

If you ONLY had to run System Admin on the new machine, which would be the current Distro, why would they provide instructions for how to activate the license on the old machine? The instructions on the first page start under the How it Works section by saying you NEED to install a fresh FreePBX Distro 10.13.66 machine. So if that’s the first requirement, there would be no need to talk about 12.0.18 machines or order UNLESS they both have to be activated.

I decided to go ahead and run the script to see what happens. First I ran the ‘curl -s https://convert.freepbx.org | bash’ on the new machine. Everything worked as I’d expected it would. Then I ran it on the old machine, where System Admin isn’t installed, and after running the script it returns to the command prompt with no action of any kind.
[root@PBX ~]# curl -s https://convert.freepbx.org | bash
[root@PBX ~]#

This again seems to indicate that System Admin must be running in order for the script to work so I still need to figure out why it won’t run. Suggestions?

System admin is not required on the old system. If that were the case we wouldn’t be able to convert any elastix systems. Which is what the script was originally written for.

Any suggestions for why the script doesn’t do anything when I run it on the donor machine then? Does this machine need to be outside of my network for the script to run? Currently my Donor is inside my router and the new machine is in the DMZ.

It’s the certificate on the FreePBX side.
curl: (60) SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK. Details:
error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed
More details here: http://curl.haxx.se/docs/sslcerts.html

curl performs SSL certificate verification by default, using a "bundle"
 of Certificate Authority (CA) public keys (CA certs). The default
 bundle is named curl-ca-bundle.crt; you can specify an alternate file
 using the --cacert option.
If this HTTPS server uses a certificate signed by a CA represented in
 the bundle, the certificate verification probably failed due to a
 problem with the certificate (it might be expired, or the name might
 not match the domain name in the URL).
If you'd like to turn off curl's verification of the certificate, use
 the -k (or --insecure) option.

I ran it again with the -k option and it appears to be doing something. I don’t know how long it takes to run so I’ll just leave it alone for several minutes.

Creating encrypted backup for new machine. This may take some time.
Backing up the following:
103G    /var/spool/asterisk
155M    /var/lib/asterisk/moh
8.4M    /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/custom
228K    /tftpboot

The script completed, sort of. The new machine wasn’t able to read the file from the old machine so it’s asking me to copy the encrypted file from the old machine to the new one.

The doner machine has a report showing it’s results. While it appear it did copy a few of the items it skipped more than it copied. For example the Module conferences skipped 21, completed 4. It reads that way down the list. It skipped most, completed a few. Given how many it skipped I’m not sure how much value there was in the script as it will still require manual entry of 80% of the module entries.

Earlier it was mentioned that there was an alpha script that might do a better job. How does a person go about getting this alpha script?

This is obviously the issue here, and @cdsJerryw just needs to remove unneeded data from there before migrating.

We have instructions on older sysadmin and newer as that wiki is generic how to activate your system and activation has been around since FreePBX 2.10 so that this why you see both.

The wiki on conversion says only the new server needs activating. Not the donor one.

Thanks Tony. I do see the wiki was updated to reflect that change after my post so it now reads that it only needs to be on the new machine.

I’m deleting all the recordings etc. from the path xrobau suggested and then I’ll give it another try.