SysAdmin Pro - Email setup - "Connection timed out"

I got the certificate issue resolved. It seems I needed to combine the certificate and the chain bundle into one file.
I also got the blocking issue resolved.

Now it seems the PBX is sending out the email as user asterisk and not the email server account setup in /etc/postfix/sasl_passwd

That’s going to be your aliases. Go to /etc/postfix/generic and edit it. It’s going to have a bunch of commented lines. Go to the bottom and do:

[email protected] [email protected]
asterisk [email protected]
root [email protected]

[email protected] would be your SMTP email you need to use. And you can add other system aliases if needed but that should cover it. When done do

postfix stop && postfix start from the system cli.

2 Likes

It would seem to me the System Admin Pro should be taking care of all at. I think will see what support has to say before start making changes as on the setup section it says:

On this page you can set your SMTP Server information to receive e-mail notification and voicemail to e-mail.

Please note that due to the security settings of some mail servers (1and1, GMail), you may need to manually configure additional settings.

Updates coming

Thanks!

Sangoma is reporting aliases are set by the System Admin Module, but I am not seeing it done.

I guess they will have to look to see why it is not.

Yeah, I know. This has been my workaround for some time when it happens.

Instead of trying to figure out why the module is not setting up the aliases, this was their response:

Hi,

Add these rules to /etc/postfix/generic replacing all
"[email protected]" with the real data used above for authentication.

root [email protected]
root@localhost [email protected]
root@freepbx [email protected]
asterisk [email protected]
asterisk@localhost [email protected]
asterisk@freepbx [email protected]
vm@asterisk [email protected]

To rewrite the domain for all addresses from the local pbx, use this format in /etc/postfix/generic:
@freepbx.localdomain @real-domain.com

Add the following to the end of /etc/postfix/main.cf
smtp_generic_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/generic

Then run:
postmap /etc/postfix/generic
service postfix restart

Best Regards,

I went ahead and asked why the module did not set the aliases.

Anyway, it is working now.

Thanks

Because it’s a bug and it probably hasn’t been reported properly until now. This hasn’t worked for at least the last 6 months as I’ve had to make changes to support the Office 365 updates in the recent months. It required all this to be done because System Admin Pro wasn’t doing it.

Then shouldn’t this be posted on .https://issues.freepbx.org/ if it has not already? I am not seeing anything there.

Go to town :wink: I havent looked to see if it is.

Got an update from support on no aliases: “Not a bug”

They indicate a feature request will have to be done,

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.