Symlink from modules failed

After doing upgrades everything works fine but we now get this error. I have searched around the web for ways to fix it and nothing really seems to be a solid fix to it. Any help would be great!!

retrieve_conf failed to sym link:
/etc/asterisk/cel_odbc.conf from cdr/etc (Already exists, not a link)
/etc/asterisk/cel.conf from cdr/etc (Already exists, not a link)
/etc/asterisk/udptl.conf from core/etc (Already exists, not a link)
This can result in FATAL failures to your PBX. If the target file exists and not identical, the symlink will not occur and you should rename the target file to allow the automatic sym link to occur and remove this error, unless this is an intentional customization.
Added 10 minutes ago
(retrieve_conf.SYMLINK)

You have the answer already:-

“. . . you should rename the target file to allow the automatic sym link to occur and remove this error, unless this is an intentional customization.”

I think if he knew what that meant he would not be asking.

OP - Do you know how to delete files in Linux?

I am reticent to just give you the command as removing files with root privileges you can do considerable damage.

I am getting the same error after updating. I know how to delete and rename files in Linux. However, what is the target file the message refers to??? There are at least four files referenced in the error message.

Additionally, I am getting the following error message when reloading:

Reload failed because retrieve_conf encountered an error: 1

exit: 1
[FATAL] SELECT data FROM parkinglot WHERE keyword=‘parkext’ [nativecode=1146 ** Table ‘asterisk.parkinglot’ doesn’t exist]SQL -
SELECT data FROM parkinglot WHERE keyword=‘parkext’

Trace Back:

/var/www/html/admin/libraries/sql.functions.php:25 die_freepbx()
[0]: SELECT data FROM parkinglot WHERE keyword=‘parkext’ [nativecode=1146 ** Table ‘asterisk.parkinglot’ doesn’t exist]SQL -
SELECT data FROM parkinglot WHERE keyword=‘parkext’

/var/www/html/admin/modules/fop2admin/functions.inc.php:68 sql()
[0]: SELECT data FROM parkinglot WHERE keyword=‘parkext’
[1]: getRow
[2]: 2

/var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf:683 fop2admin_get_config()
[0]: asterisk

1 error(s) occurred, you should view the notification log on the dashboard or main screen to check for more details.

FOP2 and Parking lot were working without any problems prior to the upgrade.

Still in the message, the files referenced in his case where:-

/etc/asterisk/cel_odbc.conf
/etc/asterisk/cel.conf
/etc/asterisk/udptl.conf

yours might be different.

You either need to update FOP2 or remove FOP2 it is causing your problems

Same files. These are the files that need to be renamed?

Well, what do you think given the errors presented to you :wink:

/etc/asterisk/ccss.conf from campon/etc (Already exists, not a link)
/etc/asterisk/cel_odbc.conf from cdr/etc (Already exists, not a link)
/etc/asterisk/cel.conf from cdr/etc (Already exists, not a link)
/etc/asterisk/udptl.conf from core/etc (Already exists, not a link)
This can result in FATAL failures to your PBX. If the target file exists and not identical, the symlink will not occur and you should rename the target file to allow the automatic sym link to occur and remove this error, unless this is an intentional customization.
Added 7 minutes ago
(retrieve_conf.SYMLINK)

This is what I get and what I did is move all the files to filename.bk restarted the system and still the same issue. Anyhelp would BE GREAT!!!

Good Morning All, we are having a similar problem, but we/I are serious novices and have no idea how to edit these files in Linux, I am I playing with fire attempting this myself?

/etc/asterisk/sip_notify.conf from core/etc
/etc/asterisk/logger.conf from core/etc
Added 20 seconds ago
(retrieve_conf.SYMLINK)

rm -f /etc/asterisk/sip_notify.conf /etc/asterisk/logger.conf from core/etc

I have deleted the logger.conf file in /etc/asterisk many times now and the error keeps coming back. Please let us know hoe to get rid of this once and for all. The logger.conf is already a symlink and if I delete the symlink it comes back without an error the first time but after subsequent reloads the error crops back up.