Symlink from modules failed after copying sounds from old system

Hi! I have been attempting to figure this out for a while on my own but have not been successful…

I am migrating from an older FreePBX host to a newer one. I have a different set of sounds (the Pat Fleet ones) on the old server and would like to keep them, so I moved the folder over. After doing this, I get a bunch of these errors listed on the dashboard:

Symlink from modules failed

retrieve_conf failed to sym link:
/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/en/areminder-1c-2n.wav from areminder/sounds (Bad Permissions)

It says bad permissions, so I thought I may need to change permissions on the sounds folder and everything under it, but either I’ve done this wrong or it wasn’t the issue.

This feels like it should be easy, but I’m not getting it. Any help that anyone can provide would be appreciated.

For the record - I had been using chown to try to fix the permissions, after I used fwconsole chown it corrected the permissions, and the error messages all went away. I can now move forward with the last steps to move over to this instance.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.