Support for Poly VVX phones

Will we see support for the new poly VVX phones? I just purchased the module only to find that there is very little support for newer phones outside of Digium and Sangoma phones.

How much have you paid for the EPM? How many IP phones do exist? In my opinion, it is impossible to provide up-to-date templates for dozens of phones. The EPM is a web-ui and a bunch of scripts (I assume), which generate the config files for the phones.
The best integration you will have, when you generate and edit the config files yourself. I even use xml-config files for Sangoma (d-series) phones…

Move away from Polycom - Here: Polycom - Valet Park Retrieval quit working with EPM Update - Commercial Modules / Endpoint Manager - FreePBX Community Forums

Basically Polycom could give a flying rat’s keister about supporting the Asterisk/FreePBX community and it shows the deeper you dig into their phones - save yourself a LOT of grief and just use Sangoma, Digium, or Yealink phones - your choice, but steer clear of Polycom.

@lgaetz

Anything ever move forward after this…?

I spoke too soon. All looked done at the time, but we’re still waiting for them. Original post updated.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.