Strange MoH things

Hi,

I ran into a problem with MoH on FreePBX 14.

My goal is:
Play a greeting (welcome @ company…), until someone picks up on the main-queue.
When the call is answered and you get transfered, you should hear something like “real” MoH
(Please be patient while we try to reach the person you want to speak to… or whatever).

When simulating this incoming call from outside with 7777, everything works fine.
In real (when the call arrives from trunk), then MoH is ignored and you hear rings instead of MoH, BUT
only when a ring-group is the target of the inbound route.
On queues, the behaviour ist different: MoH is played, but the MoH setting on the inbound route is ignored, so when the call arrives on inbound route, the MoH from the queue is played- and not that from the inbound route (so the welcome and the “be patient while…” is the same MoH class).

This worked fine on older Versions of freepbx by setting a different MoH class in inbound-route then on
the Queue/Ring Group.

Any ideas?

KR
Harald

Please provide a call trace: https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/SUP/Providing+Great+Debug#ProvidingGreatDebug-AsteriskLogs-PartII

Here is a call trace for an inbound call to a queue.
Here I get MoH, but the setting on inbound route is ignored and the queues MoH class is applied:

https://pastebin.freepbx.org/view/76f6321c

And this is a call trace for the ring-group.
Here is no MoH playback- instead I only hear ring-signals, allthough the logfile shows
“Started MoH class XX on channel…”

https://pastebin.freepbx.org/view/835e775f

Q Call flow is -> TRUNK (MieX) -> Inbound Route (DID 920) -> Queue (197)
RG Call flow is -> TRUNK (MieX) -> Inbound Route (DID 920) -> RG (9004)
Applied MoH on Inbound Route: Birds
Applied MoH on Queue/RG : Greeting

no idea? anyone?

It’s not being ignored. The queue overrides it. If you want the birds MOH to play, why do you set the Greeting MOH in the Queue?

Are you sure you selected “Greeting” in the Ring Group? it does not appear so from the logs.

It’s not being ignored. The queue overrides it. If you want the birds MOH to play, why do you set the Greeting MOH in the Queue?

On older FreePBX, this was the only was to get this managed.
Set the “real” MoH Class on the inbound route and the “greeting” as MoH to the queue.
I don’t know, why, but this (and ONLY this) always worked.

Are you sure you selected “Greeting” in the Ring Group?
No difference if “greeting” or “birds” is configured. The point is- neither the one nor the other plays :slight_smile:
MoH Class is set and MoH should start as seen in line 168 from pastebin:

[2019-04-05 10:20:42] VERBOSE[4934][C-0000019e] res_musiconhold.c: Started music on hold, class ‘ES’, on channel ‘SIP/TRUNK_MIEX-00000350’

I have no idea, where the class ES comes from- i created it to avoid the error-message (class ES not found). Is this some kind of localisation? If so, why ES? All the Phone numbers are located in Austria… (?).

Think about it.
The call comes in and you say MOH=Birds, then you say: Hey, no, MOH=Greeting. Why should the birds MOH play?

By default Ring Groups MOH is set to “Ring”. I believe you’ll need to set it to “Inherit”

Think about it.
The call comes in and you say MOH=Birds, then you say: Hey, no, MOH=Greeting. Why should the birds MOH play?

I know this, You know this, BUT belive me… it worked only this way on older FreePBX :slight_smile:

I am not saying it did not, It might be that it was a bug in that old system you were using.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.