Strange dialing

you are using a round-robin trunk strategy , r0 , so possibly you have screwed up your dahdi setup, call the numbers individually. you probably should be using G0 if your inbound calls come in an ascending hunt. Personally I use CSF but there are other options. and I am not aware of jetty being anywhere in a standard installation of FreePBX, but you have obviously “customized”

I think you’ve hit pay dirt. I was wondering how round-robin trunk strategy is selected/deselected. Do you know how this is done in FreePBX? Remember it is outgoing calls we are looking at.

Regarding firewall, since nothing gets to the server except port 5060 and the port range 10000-20000, would it not be simplest to add a couple iptables rules that require that only trunk1.freepbx.com and trunk2.freepbx.com are allowed on port 5060. According to the documentation this would make the server sufficiently secure. Am I right? Why is such a large range of ports necessary (10000-20000)? Could that not be narrowed down quite a bit? What would I loose to narrow this down to 17000-19000 for example?

James

I’ve found the setting problem, I think. I have to run now, but I’ll test it and get back.

I still desire comment on the firewall issue .

James

You shouldn’t hi-jack your own thread, “strange dialing” start a new thread

OK. Sorry. And that did cure the problem. To recap, the problem was that the settings under “Trunks” there is an option “DAHDI Trunks”. That was set to round robin.

Still wonder why there was the odd CID, but maybe it is the telephone company’s problem.

I learned several things through this so I’m thankful for that.

Regarding the firewall I will do as I thought and if I have a problem I will post it in a new thread.

Thanks again.

James

1 Like