Strange Application - Need Dial in Number to connect to a remote extension

I have 2 Asterisk Environments. 1 is our Call Centre switch . The 2nd is an SBC. I need a way to call into a DID on the SBC and be connected as if I am the audio for an extension on the primary switch.

Primary switch as an extension setup of 9001. I want to call the SBC 555-555-5555 and essentially have an open audio path on extension 9001 so that any calls that are passed to 9001 after that I will hear and be able to interact with…

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Allan.

Many ways:
https://wiki.freepbx.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=4161588

You could also make an extension on the SBC that has find me follow me to the 9001 extension.

PJSIP trunks between Asterisk systems, in my opinion, is an easier way than using IAX2. @billsimon post explains it best: PJSIP trunk between servers

I dont think I articulated myself well. Basically im looking for an old school way of connecting in to listen for calls. Instead of a soft phone client I want to be able to dial a number and have the system act like im registered as a client to that extension…

Allan.

In your ‘old school’ how would you know a call needed attention?

Would you hear it or perhaps a light would be blinking?

Some dialplan here that will allow you to spy/barge into active channel by extension number: https://gist.github.com/lgaetz/78c4e114952e79596c1ed4123559d3d3

If you comment/remove line 54, it will loop continuously and spy on any active call.

That’s handled by our CTI server so when the call is passed to the extension it will trigger a screen pop in an application. I basically just need the audio of an extension to be registered or triggered by dialing in through a DID vs registering a soft phone client. The reason is the agents have poor internet connectivity in their homes but have good phone lines they can call a number .

‘Follow me’ to the land-lines comes to mind.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.