Step-by-step HOWTO install FreePBX 2.5.0 and Asterisk 1.6

With Google I was able to find where Satan lives but never had any luck finding a single “useful” howto for installing FreePBX 2.5.0 and Asterisk 1.6. Did you have any luck installing these two??
Thanks,

Martha

Do you mean installing or configuring ?
Installation is the easy part, especially if you’re installing PIAF.
It’s the configuration that usually has people pulling out hair, gnashing teeth, etc.

If you’re wanting a step by step account, head over to Nerd Vittles, they have several guides there for those new to this…

Are you sure there’s an installation hoto there? This is where I began and I just checked, there’s nothing. Do you have the link? Maybe I didn’'t find my way through the messy web site!

I found several referances in a few seconds… PIAF is 1.4 and 1.6 ready from the get go. So just go and install it.

a quote from one of the pages "So here’s the deal. PBX in a Flash is and will always be free, current, and a GPL2-compliant open source project. When you download and install PBX in a Flash from the ISO, you typically get a system which is within days of being up to date with the current version of Asterisk 1.4 or 1.6 in either 32-bit or 64-bit flavors. No one else provides that flexibility much less a weekly code refresh. None of that will change! "

So as you can see they are ready to go and do it.