Status says Asterisk Source Version: UNAVAILABLE on Asterisk 1.4 - PIAF

When I run /usr/local/sbin/status I get “Source Version UNAVAILABLE” (extract below.)

This is my 3rd (and most troublesome) Asterisk/piaf install and I’m baffled. Some stuff went wrong, in update-source or update-fixes and I can’t figure out what. It seems to be working, tho I haven’t set up any extensions or trunks yet, well, the web gui works, anyhow. It lets me update modules, etc. I’ve been trying to figure out WHAT the status program is looking for and where, and I’m trying to compare it to one of my other piaf machines, but I’m not really sure what I’m looking for. Help!!

Status Version 1.2.9 released on Date 042310

  •        PBX in a Flash Version  Daemon Status                 *
  •                  Running Asterisk 1.4                        *

  • Running Asterisk Version : Asterisk
  • Asterisk Source Version : UNAVAILABLE
  • Zaptel Source Version : UNAVAILABLE
  • Libpri Source Version : UNAVAILABLE
  • Addons Source Version : 1.4.7

if you can’t look at the script and see what it is trying to do, then your best bet to get an answer is probably ask over in the piaf forum since, if this is one of their compiled (non-Open Source) scripts, the only one who is going to know what is in it is Tom who writes them and he doesn’t participate in this forum to the best of my knowledge.

This happened to me one time and it was because I updated manually instead of thru the scripts. The status program wants to read the source files the way that PIAF builds them. When you update asterisk manually the source files are in another directory, therefore the status program cannot read the source to get the versions. This is what I found to be the problem with mine.

Thanks Philippe-- I’ll ask over in the PIAF forum.

GWinton: I’m not sure what I did to “update manually” – I only ran the scripts as my instructions say. I ran update-scripts and update-source, also update-fixes (not in that order).