dtmfmode=rfc2833
host=159.xxx.xxx.xxx
insecure=very
nat=no
qualify=10000
sendrpid=yes
trustrpid=yes
type=peer

However, when an inbound call comes from either provider, I get the following in the debug
– Executing NoOp(“SIP/64.xxx.xxx.xxx-b782af20”, “Received incoming SIP connection from unknown peer to 514xxxxxxx”) in new stack

Doesn’t FreePBX do a check for the Host IP address for inbound trunks? If not, shouldn’t it be doing it so that it can verify what parameters are needed for the link?

Well if it shows up as unknown, could it be possible to add the actual IP address beside unknown (1.2.3.4) for debugging purposes? Would seem logical.

This line:

[code:1]exten => _.,1,NoOp(Received incoming SIP connection from unknown peer to ${EXTEN})
[/code:1]
Should diplay the IP in the CLI (it will be SIP/xx.xx.xx.xx for the channel.

it depends on your provider. There are some providers who send calls from POPs that are not the same IP address as where you are registered. In the current trunk setup, it will come in as unknown unless you accomodate all potential IPs.

However the INITIAL Request came from the VoIP provider’s IP Address and therefore should show as such. I understand that the Remote UAC WILL have a different IP Address but the Initial request always comes from your Provider’s UAS. Therefore it should state that it is coming over the Provider’s trunk.
Am I not right here?