Static CID name prefix when someone calls in from inbound routes

We have many DIDs we use for supporting different customers. When the calls come in they go through a Time Condition, Ring Groups, Queues and Follow Me’s.

What we want to have happen is if someone calls in on 503-123-4567, we want to label that call so through out the process of assigning other CID name prefixs when they go through the other steps listed above, the person answering the phone will know what inbound route they came from.

Ideas?

-Todd

I put in CID Name Prefix field >OFFER1 on the inbound line, then the call que, I put in CID Name Prefix field >ITQUE.

When I look at the caller ID I get M0:ITQUE, I was expecting OFFER1ITQUE or something like that.

Could you explain what the “>” character does in the CID Name Prefix field? Should it be at the begining or the end of the field?

[quote]…Could you explain what the “>” character does in the CID Name Prefix field? Should it be at the beginning or the end of the field?[/quote] It has no special meaning to freePBX. You originally wanted to use the “/” as a separator; however, it’s not a permitted character. I suggested the “>” instead. It is a permitted character, and people can recognize it as a pointer/arrow, which serves nicely in this use case. e.g. OFFER1>ITQUE.

I understand now that you want to CHAIN the prefix history all together. As far as I know, there is not a way to achieve that from the GUI. It can be done manually by writing a small dial plan segment in native asterisk dial plan language.

How familiar (good) are you with editing the /etc/asterisk/ *.conf files?

/S

INBOUND ROUTE PAGE 
 > Options Section
 >> CID Name Prefix field.

/S

I tried to put just a /S in the CID Name Prefix field, and it appears the the / is not a valid character in the CID Name Prefix field. If it’s in the Options Section, I need some help with where that is at.

I use > character for almost exactly this. Think if it as an arrow.

In this way you get

“S>John”

and meaning it came from “S” > (to) “John.”

If you REALLY want the “/” character, then you CAN manually edit the dial plan, by replicating the lines for the specific inbound route, in whole, in the custom section, and then changing the variable below.

Using the /etc/asterisk/extension_custom.conf,

[include => ext-did-0001-custom]
exten => 1234567890/4165551212,n,Set(_RGPREFIX=ROUTE1\/)

But that’s a bit of a long way to go to get an elective, albeit preferred, single character to work.

/S

In you first message I thought you were saying “/S” I now realize that is your signature. I have the config edit module in freepbx.

OK, pretty much same problem here: I would like to display the name of the line the call is coming from. However, I don’t need to chain the prefix history.

So I set CID name prefix on the inbound routes.

Problem is, since the inbound call eventually goes to a ring-group (in my setup, it goes to a time condition, then to a ring group), the CID name prefix (originally set in the inbound route) is stripped and re-written by the CID name prefix of the ring group (which I left blank, anyway).

Is this expected?
What if I type something in the ring group CID name prefix, instead of leaving it blank?

Thanks