SQL service down but users can call

bug
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f7027f1c2e8>

(Alekos Xanthas) #1

This issue happened to me twice once because sql was stopped on the server SQLSTATE[HY000] [2003] Can’t connect to MySQL server on ‘172.19.206.11’ (111)::SQLSTATE[HY000] [2003] Can’t connect to MySQL server on ‘172.19.206.11’ (111)
and another time when storage was full and i noticed it a day later, is there a way when this happens to drop all calls?
users were able to place calls and the records were not recorded.

(Dave Burgess) #2

The real-time database for Asterisk is stored in the ASTDB - you wouldn’t notice that the SQL database was down until you needed to reload the system.

You could setup something to monitor the system so you know when this happens in a minute or two.
i.e. a basic nagios setup would do the trick but there are quite a few options for this.

(Alekos Xanthas) #4

I am actually using zabbix and it is ok for monitoring asterisk until this happened, i don’t know if Nagios is better for asterisk monitoring i will give it a try.

(Dave Burgess) #5

Nagios is a BIG tool. There are Asterisk extensions that you can install in Nagios to monitor a lot of stuff, so there is actually a lot of facility in doing this, but it’s ‘chatty’ on the network and tends to be a little invasive. If that doesn’t bother you (it doesn’t bother me) then Nagios is a good tool for this.

Zabbix should be able to monitor mysql if I remember correctly. Haven’t touched that in years! Does it support nagios plugins? If so, can use those rather than spin up a nagios instance since already using zabbix.

If you ran out of disk space, then you might need to ‘repair’ the database(s) if possible.

(system) closed #8

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.