Sql password for Asternic.biz

I’m running FreePBX Distro on the current release. I’d like to add the reporting features from asternic.biz which requires that I create a mysql database however I’m running into an error when attempting to do so.

When I enter the line to create the database I’m being prompted for the sql password. I don’t recall entering a password at setup, but I certainly could have done so and just don’t recall.

I’ve searched and found several threads on how to change the password but most of them are older posts and appear to be out of date. I ended up on the support documentation at http://www.freepbx.org/support/documentation/faq/changing-the-asterisk-manager-password as was able to see the password listed as secret= in the /etc/asterisk/manager.conf file however when I enter that password when creating the new database it says the password failed.

The documentation lists a second location for the password in the /etc/amportal.conf file however that file doesn’t appear to exist at all in the new distro.

Is there a different place where a different password is being stored for mysql where I should be using that password to create the database with the root user?

Nope its the password in /etc/freepbx.conf. That tells freepbx how to get into the database.