Splitting outbound route depending on extension

Hi All,

I am very new to freepbx but have setup a couple of systems in our office over the past 2 months.

However I seem to have hit a brick wall with this issue:

We have a system with 20 extensions. We need extensions 201-219 to be able to dial out on trunks 1-4 and extension 220 to dial out on trunk 5. I would like to keep it simple by using a 9 for outside line on all phones, otherwise people will get confused or will simply use a 9 on ext 220 instead of an alternative.

I have scoured this site but can not seem to come up with anything for version 2.4.0.0

If anyone has any ideas they would be very much appreciated.

thanks
steve

Like the poster above, I simply want a particular extension/handset to dial out via a particular trunk.
I see how to do that using this module. However, the module also requires me to make a plethora of allow/deny decisions on all kinds of functionality that I don’t usually need to understand when creating extensions, trunks & routes with FreePBX. If all I want is for extension ‘X’ to act as it always has, but use trunk ‘Y’ for outbound calls, should I be leaving all those config options to deny/priority 50, and then allow that particular route? Or should I be defaulting to allowing everything and only denying the routes I don’t want it to use?

http://www.freepbx.org/support/documentation/module-documentation/third-party-unsupported-modules/customcontexts

It works in 2.51 im also new to freebpx and i hav been plaing around with it… and it seems to do whot i whot it to do

thanks for the input. will this work with version 2.4 ?

thanks
steve

yes customcontexts works for versions up to 2.5.1

thanks all for your input I shall give this a go and let you know how i get on!

thanks again

thank guys,

I have installed this but does anyone have any idea how to get this setup?

I simply want to put all extensions apart from one to go out on trunks 1-4 and one extension to go out on trunk 5 (all using 9 for o/s line)

I shall have another play now, but if anyone could point me in the right direction that would be very much appreciated!

thanks

sorted it, sorry i was looking at the bit in the tools menu… this works a treat !!

thanks again guys