Speaker phone needs to dial extension without pression Dial button

(United States) #1

FreePBX 14.0.13.11

Posting this as a new question because I really could not think how to word a search.

We want to dial an extension and have the phone complete the call without having to press another key (Dial or Speaker) to complete the call.

Off-hook we can dial 720 and get extension 720. On-hook (speaker phone) we dial 720 then have to press the Dial or Speaker button to complete the call
Should be: On-hook dial 720 and after x seconds it should dial without pressing another key.

Thanks.

(Tom Ray) #2

This is going to be a phone level feature and nothing that can be programmed or setup at the PBX level. The phone must support a hotline/auto dial feature that will send the preprogrammed digits to the PBX when the phone goes off-hook/opens a line.

It’s called a dial string or digitmap or something close, and is a string of strings that match possible dial patterns, when the dialed digits match completely, the captured digits will be sent to the server.

What phone?

(D E) #4

I’ve found digitmap on my Digium phones on the web GUI, but any changes I make are not persistent, they get overwritten by FreePBX. Guessing I should be making digitmap changes on the FreePBX GUI somewhere

(Malcolm Davenport) #5

The digitmap/dialplan rules for deskphones are typically only applied during the offhook, not the on-hook state.

(United States) #6

yealink T2x family. We had it working on Polycom phones in testing. We’ve won’t be using the Polycom phones.

(United States) #7

Ok, got it. Browse to the Yealink T2x phone, open the Settings tab, and Enable Live Dialpad. The default settings will dial 4 seconds after extension is entered. Would be nice to set this in EPM template but it’s not an option.

Thanks for the input, everyone.

(Dave Burgess) #8

You can edit the basefile for the phone if you know the setting names. Once you have it working, submit it using a Feature Request ticket and get it added “for the good of mankind.”

(United States) #9

I’ll look into that. Had not considered it could be added to the template, FTGoM.

(system) closed #10

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.