Trying to configure an SPA500DS unit connected to an SPA509G handset with FreePBX (I think 2.11). I found a Cisco Application Note document named “Configuring the Cisco SPA500S Attendant Console in an Asterisk Environment” but I have not been able to configure the unit properly especially considering that it makes references to modifying sip.conf and extensions.conf directly and these files say not to modify with FreePBX. I have gotten as far as programming Unit Key 1 in the attendant console tab with “fnc=sd+cp+blf;[email protected]$PROXY” and this does give me BLF functionality but I can’t seem to get speed dial or call pickup. I also haven’t figured out how to get the display to show a label. I’ve searched extensively for some documentation or help with no luck. Can anybody point me to documentation or another forum that would help me get this working? Thanks.
First, the Endpoint manager supports the sidecar.
If you have a philosophical objection to doing things the right way and insist on using the phones GUI you don’t need to do anything to FreePBX. The Cisco docs are for raw Asterisk. FreePBX creates hints for every extension for BLF.
If you look at the code you send, you will see fnc=sd+cp+blf
You already have a working speed dial concatenated with the cp and blf functions (you have to program the ** cp code, also make sure you have Asterisk selected as switchtype in the expansion module config screen)
For just sd try “fnc=sd,sub=8002822882” this will create a speed dial to call Rush Limbaugh.
You are correct, there is no need for changes in FreePBX. Once you confirmed that I was able to focus my effort on trying other angles. I had been chasing my tail looking at the Asterisk and FreePBX configuration and the problem turned out to be the firmware on the phones. My handset was on 7.4.8 and the SPA500DS didn’t have full support until the 7.5.2b. Current version is 7.5.5. I updated and everything miraculously turned very straightforward. Thanks for your help.
I have got the BLF, and pick up working, but having problems with showing a Label on the screen as opposed to just DDI.
Is there a way to add a label, as can get the display to just show the DDI which kind of defeats the object, as with the old version you had a paper label next to button.