Dialplan issue

Thank you very much - I’ll give this a try tonight - it’s curious but in none of the many guides I’ve been ransacking for help and information this weekend - none of them (unless I missed something major several times!) actually mentioned what, if anything, to put in the dial plan on the Line 1…

I’ll go and have another go in light of this useful tidbit. I’ve also found disparity in the guides about whether or not you have to put a :port in the proxy field after the IP - I found it simply didn’t work unless I did.

You asked about my plans for expansion. Obviously this isn’t the limit of what I have in mind, but I thought I’d sort the basics before jumping in with everything all at once. Simply more to cause confusion.

Immediate plans:-
Connect a trunk to C*Net
Connect all my regular house phones to different extensions
Somehow come up with a dial plan which

• allows the phones to work as they did before (local, mobile and national numbers go straight out onto the PSTN)
  • but also allow calling between the extensions within the house,
  • allow calling to my office at work (where I will have a PAP2T connected) via an ‘extension type’ number such as 250(?)
    - allow calling to CNet (where I hope the dial plan will recognise the old form UK number as non-standard for PSTN and magically route it to the virtual IP trunk

I have maaaany other mid and long term plans but I’d be happy if I could get this setup in the short term. I’ve been flummoxed (but not surprised) by how finnicky the settings are and how you need to fiddle and fiddle in order to get things to work. Asterisk is also taking ages to save changes and apply config at the moment. I’ll try a restart of the Pi at some point to see if it speeds things up - it wasn’t slow when I first started settings things up I don’t think.

I guess one other question I have is, the big red “apply confg” button - is that the same as a restart of Asterisk? Do I need to do either of the latter after creating a new trunk or extension? I saw you mention that was necessary in another post.

I’m still not convinced my settings for the SPA3000 are 100% happy. I’ve yet to see both of my clients recognised as active from the Asterisk CLI despite the SPA3000 saying they are registered. This is despite using both the PJSIP command and the SIP command to show peers.

Thank you